45

{Narra Betty}

It had only been a week, Archie was distant and understood why. Sometimes I spied on it through the window feeling that there was something wrong... but it wasn't like that. For obvious reasons, Kevin decided that it was best to leave as soon as possible, so I understood that, for Kevin to say such a thing, the situation was serious. I knew that sometimes, after coming to see me I went with him... we were destroying ourselves... but now there was a family at stake, a child, and Jughead was right, he needed love and a good family, the one that he and I didn't have.

Even so, I couldn't help but feel what I felt...

I sat on the bed, sighing. The idea of having to say goodbye to Archie was killing me.

How was I supposed to do this?

He is everything I know. He's been with me since I can remember.

I will no longer be able to go from yard to yard, drink our favorite milkshake or walk together.

Who am I going to ask for advice?

Who am I going to tell you about my average or when happy things happen to me?

Who is going to hug me when everything is wrong?

I hugged my tummy and heard a small knock on the door. When I looked up, I saw Kevin watching me with sadness. I pouted and came to me to hug me. It didn't last long since someone else knocked on the door and we both looked at him.

J: I... I'm sorry if I interrupt something. I can come later.

B: no, it's okay - try to put me back together - what's going on?

J: I...am...I'm not going with you. I mean, I travel with you but not to New Heaven.

K: What are you talking about, Jughead?

J: I have been given a very good program in Iowa and it is much better for me to go there. I... I'm sorry

K: Are you kidding? Are you really going to...

B: -apply Kevin's hand managing to stop him- Juggy, it's almost 16 hours away

J: I lose... but I promise to go see you.

K: you're incredible...

B: Kevin... -I look at it sternly- it's okay, Jug. I'm not going to reproach anything, it's your future at the end of the day.

J: of course - I smile a little - then we can talk well about the rest... thank you for understanding

I smiled at him and he came out. Kevin looked at me with his mouth open.

K: She's going to leave you alone, Betty. He's an idiot

B: no, not alone. I'll be with you and maybe with someone else...

I kissed his cheek quickly and took my coat, went down quickly and went out to cross to the neighboring house. I ringed the doorbell anxiously and as soon as it opened, I threw myself on him hugging him although... he didn't hug me.

A: Betty...

B: Archie!

I separated a little from him, excited. He was a little serious.

B: come with me, Arch

A: What?

B: That, let's go to New Heaven with Kev. Maybe you have a chance with the music there and we can live the three of us. Kevin had everything planned, you should just pack and...

A: Betty, stop," he said interrupting me. "I can't do that."

B: Why?

A: B... -sigh- I'm not going to take his father away from a child, I don't want to be responsible for a broken family. I know what that feels like and I'm not going to condemn anyone else.

B: But Archie, there's something else, Ju...

A: Besides, I interrupted again, I can't leave now. I have responsibilities here, with the company and also thanks to some mom's contacts I may be able to study to teach music here in Riverdale. I can't risk this for an uncertain future.

B: I love you, Arch. I need you there with me, we need you - my voice began to break.

He put his hands on my cheeks and I could feel sadness in his eyes.

A: I love you, Betty. With all my being, from the first day I saw you at your window... but sometimes love is not enough. We are no longer children, you have a family and a future. I have responsibilities here.

I kissed my forehead and opened the door. I left staying at the entrance. Look at it again.

B: 18... we're 18," I said desperately.

A: I love you, Betty Cooper. Maybe in the future when I see you again everything will be better, but now I... I'm sorry

He murmured and then closed the door. As if I were a lifeless zombie, I walked to my house where Kevin was waiting for me. When I saw him, I couldn't hold back anymore and tears began to come out.

B: Kev...

She hugged me and cried on her shoulder, defeated. Did I expect him to run into my arms like so many times? He gets tired of me and my turns...

Did I really expect you to tell me yes? Going to a new city where you don't know anyone, without a job or studies to live with the girl next door who is carrying a baby who is not even hers?

What an idiot I am.

{Narra Archie}

My hands trembled a little. I leaned against the door with my eyes closed and took a breath. I opened my eyes and Veronica approached me.

A: Did I do it well? Is this the right thing to do?

V: it is, Archiekings - I kiss my cheek - it is