44

I went back home and took my cell phone sending a message to Kevin, I needed it now. I leaned against the door and closed my eyes.

J: I see that it's not the result you expected.

B: I don't want to start arguing...

J: It's okay. I guess I was also a little surprised... still, Betts... I... I do hope to start a happy family full of love... like the one I never had

B: Jug... -I bow my head biting my lip while tears ran down my cheeks-

J: I love you, Betty. I love you both.

He approached me and touched my tummy. I hugged him.

Should I really get used to this now?

I raised my head to look at him, no, it wasn't that bad either... he started lowering his head to kiss me but I walked away... no, it was so bad but it wasn't Archie either.

B: I just need to think about this... is that okay?

J: Yes, it's okay. I waited a lifetime for you, a little more won't hurt me.

I kissed my forehead and went back to the kitchen. I sigh sitting on the last step of the stairs to wait for Kevin... he won't like this at all.

{Narra Jughead}

After Kevin has arrived and they have gone into Betty's room, I opened up and went to Pop's where I would meet Veronica. My head was a thousand times an hour, I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen next.

When I arrived, I could see her at a couple of tables on my right, I approached her and after greeting her I sat in front of her.

V: What?

J: it's officially mine - I asked one of the waitresses for an extra large hamburger with extra cheese.

V: it's 10:00 in the morning, Jughead," she said surprised while drinking her cappuccino.

J: believe me, I need it.

V: What are you going to do now? We both know that the Andrews genes will do their thing, Juggy. That child will be... - he frowns, with pain - his living image

J: I didn't lose - I sighed covering my face - but I had to do something, V

V: I warned you, it's a short-term solution, what will you do when Betty realizes that the child is red-haired and has freckles?

J: I was thinking of not saying anything, it was a laboratory error - I shrugged - I know you're going to believe me. But that's not even the real problem.

V: and what is it?

J: I don't know if I can bear to be with her knowing that she has a son of my... best friend. So that in 6 months I will return with the

V: Well... and what do you plan to do?

J: I'm going to Iowa... she'll be fine, Kevin. I'm going to be more loved anywhere than in that house.

V: are you going to quit? After all this?

J: I think so. But I don't want him to get away with it either.

V: Well... I have an idea for that - I smile widely. He began to tell me the plan.

J: Veronica Lodge, you're a fucking genius. I could kiss you now.

V: do it, fool it

I smiled.