36

<Marathon 5/5>

I smiled and bit my lip. He went under the paper and after giving me a small smile came out of the window. I turned around touching my heart while Kevin looked at me in disbelief.

K: It seems that this time they did my job.

I sit in bed hugging my tummy. Little Andrews, your dad is Romeo in pinta.

Kevin's cell phone vibrated and instantly mine too, it was an invitation to Cheryl's Christmas reunion. I knew that they were going to do this and the last one in the new year before everyone went to their respective universities. I'm not going to deny that I wanted to go, but what happened was still fresh in my memory.

K: Do you want to go?

B: don't lose... I'm sure Veronica will be there

K: if it's for her with more reasons you must go.

B: Do you want the four of them in the same room?

K: It could be Archie's test, don't you think? We will confirm if he is the one who can't stay away from her or she can stay away from him.

Sigh. He had convinced me.

After he left, I went to talk to Jug about the party. I wasn't very excited, as usual in this type of thing, but in the end I agreed to join me.

In the afternoon we warmed up and we went with mom's car to the mansion. When Cheryl welcomed us down, apparently we were the last. We went in and found Reggie, Toni, Archie, Kevin and Veronica sitting in the armchairs drinking a hot chocolate by the fire. We took off our coats and greeted everyone and then sat down. Cheryl gave us two cups and we finished joining the group. Try to avoid Veronica so that it doesn't become an uncomfortable environment and it seemed to work.

They were talking about their future plans and where they would go, I felt like a bad friend because I didn't even hear the conversation. The brown eyes of the redhead in front of me occupied all my attention.

A: What about you, Betty? Do you have any plans?

B: am... -stop looking at Archie to see him- I'm going to go to Yale, as I had planned. I'm not going to stop studying. I will also have Kevin to take care of the baby.

J: Kevin? -I look at myself confused-

K: Yep, enter New Heaven University to study theater and acting

C: That's great, Kev. Congratulations, congratulations

Quickly the conversation took me out of focus again and I thanked him. After a few minutes, the desire to go to the bathroom attacked me again, so I had to get up and go. After washing my hands, I came out bumping into the chest of... Archie.

A: hello

B: hello

Oh, for... What was he doing here? In the background, a radio was on and I assumed it would be Nana Rose. In it, the song "2002" began to play... that was our song.

A: oh... -he smiled and extended his hand-

He shook his head and took it. We danced slowly although the song was definitely not danced like that. What was he doing dancing with him? My body was betraying me.

A: So you're leaving

B: I never thought about staying... although I would come back

A: Is there room for me?

B: according to Kevin, yes -rei bajo-

Out of nowhere, Veronica appeared in the hallway, getting Archie and I to separate.

V: I... I'm sorry to ruin the moment

B: no, it's okay - I nodded and went back with the others-

I sat next to Kevin while Archie was also coming back. I was just a little affected by his presence, although I shouldn't. After a few seconds, Jug received a message and frowned. He got up and went to where Veronica was now. Kevin looked at me with a frown. Yes, it was weird.