33

<Marathon 2/5>

When it started to get dark, everything was ready for dinner. They rang the doorbell and for some reason I felt nervous. Kevin was right, Archie was my weakness. I fixed my dress and went to open it with a smile.

B: Mrs. Andrews, Archie. Come in, feel at home.

Mary: Thank you, darling. You look beautiful - I kiss my cheeks and went to the kitchen -

A: am... you look very pretty

B: Thank you? -I smiled and closed the door- I want to enjoy being able to put on these vetidos now

Q: Betty, could you check if the twins are still sleeping?

B: Of course. "Come," I told Archie.

We went up to Polly's room where both cribs were. They were both awake. They only slept for 5 minutes, surely something had woken them up.

B: Would you like to help me put them to sleep?

A: How do you put a baby to sleep?

B: sit there - take Dagwood and approach him leaving him in his arms - now you just have to shake him until he falls asleep

A: Is it so easy? I could get used to it.

B: Well, it's not always like that - I took Juniper and I sat in bed with her in my arms - they tend to be very calm - I put her in my arms - let's see how ours comes out

A: I have a feeling that with the genes that I touch, it will be anything but calm.

B: -I'm low, it was true- How... are you?

A: Well, I think. It's hard for me to assimilate that dad won't be at the table today... I'm so bad they've invited mom, at least she won't be alone

B: not even you

A: I don't care. I'm worried about her

B: Of course you matter, Arch

A: Can you imagine how he would have reacted? He would have gone crazy - he smiled - although in the end, he would have been very happy.

B: lose -sonrei-

Once they went back to sleep, we put them in their cribs and after turning on the monitor, we went down.

The dinner was quiet and luckily nothing uncomfortable, that was my fear. When we finished, we went for dessert. When the time came, the glasses began to fill up and the fireworks were noticed.

The clock marked at 12:00 and we all toast, me with my apple juice.

We gave each other little hugs. I only had Archie who seemed to doubt whether to approach or not... it was Christmas, for God's sake. I pulled it towards me and hugged it.

B: Merry Christmas, Arch

A: Merry Christmas, Betts. And also to the baby

I smile. Everyone went to the living room where there were several gifts under the tree. There were two of Mary, two of Fp, two of Polly, four of the twins, three of mom, two of Jughead and two of Archie, although there was still a pilon. As I approached, I noticed that they were wearing my name, there were four of them. I was surprised to open them, they were all for the baby. There were two white wholes, a mordillo, a pair of stockings and an album to put the first photos of the baby. I thanked those responsible. Archie looked at his hands, there was nothing about him, I was a little disappointed. I approached him and pointed out the gift with a pink wrapper.

B: it's mine, open it

I opened it with some emotion. Inside there was a painting with a photo of an 8-year-old Archie admiringly watching his father who was standing next to him. I smile widely.

A: Thank you... I didn't know that this photo existed

B: Well, yes - I smile - you look very tender

Jughead's voice, excited by my gift, took us out of our little conversation. I smiled at him a little and went to the place.

When the time came, Mary and Archie said goodbye to return home. I felt a little tired so I wish you all a good night and I went up.

I entered my room still smiling for the gifts for me and the baby. As soon as I closed the door, I noticed that my window was open but what caught my attention the most were two boxes of gifts in the frame, one large and one small. My heart accelerated a little because I knew exactly who they were.

I approached a little trembling and took them and then closed the window.

I sat in bed and decided to open the big one that said "Stop: mini Andrews".

Inside there were two storybooks, our favorites, Fred always used to read it to us when we were little. Just imagining Archie and me reading it to the baby made me happy. In addition, there was also one of the most sentimentally valuable action figures for him. I smiled tenderly because of what that meant. Put everything back in the box, I needed to find a safe place for her.

My eyes went to the smallest box. "For: Betty." I took it with my hands a little trembling and opened it.

I was excited to see what was inside, it was a painting where in the photo were a very young Archie and a young Betty hugging in front of a large church. I didn't remember that that photo existed even if at that moment. He had told me that when we were 18 we would get married there. There was a small note that when reading it said "We are not yet 18... Is it still the answer?"

Oh, Arch...