The Girl and The Final Battle part 3 (Final Arc part 7)

"Toman!"

"Toman!"

"Toman!"

As Toman chanted, Mikey just stood there. "So noisy." Something in him suddenly changed and he punched Takemichi.

"Takemitchy?!" Chifuyu was about to go check on him but Mikey kicked him.

"There they are! The dark impulses!" Sanzu watched Mikey walk up to him. "I've been waiting for this, Mikey! This moment..." Mikey kicked Sanzu right in the crook of his neck, knocking him out.

"Sanzu?" Hanma looked down at Sanzu's unconscious body. "What's up, Mikey? He's on your side, y'know?"

"And?" Mikey kicked Hanma as well.

"Even his own allies..." Mitsuya was shocked, just like everyone else.

Mikey did not hesitate to take out everyone, well almost everyone. I for some reason was the only person still standing. "M...Mikey." That confidence I had earlier was long gone as I was standing face to face with Mikey. "Damn it, I'm freezing up like I did during the battle of the 3 deities!" I thought as I try to move but ended up taking a few steps back. I was scared. And him staring at me with those cold emotionless eyes didn't make things better. "Mikey?" I called out to him again but all he did was stare at me. Well it looked like he was staring at me.

Mikey stood there in silence. His mind was thinking about all the events that has happened in his life. Losing his mother and father at an earlier age and then years later, he lost his older brother. Even though he's gone through so much loss, he always had his friends by his side until he lost two of them. With all those losses, the dark impulses in him just grew more and more but there was always one person his mind would think of during those times. That person was me. Ever since I entered his life, he was somewhat able to deal with his losses and dark impulses.

 Unfortunately, me being here right now wouldn't do much for keeping his dark impulses away.

"Mikey, you don't have to do this." I slowly walked towards him. "We don't have to fight." I got closer to him even though I was still afraid of him. "You don't have to suffer by yourself anymore!" I was now standing in front of him. "We're all here for you." I wanted to reach out to him so badly but just couldn't. "I'm here for you! I've always been here for you and I'll always will." The tears I was holding back started to fall as I stared at him.

"You shouldn't have come here, (Y/n)-chi" he told me. "You're just in the way."

"If that's true, how come you haven't hit me yet or made me move?" To be honest, I was surprised that Mikey still kept his word about not hitting girls, even in the current state he was in. "If I'm in the way, do something about it." I held my arms out, waiting for him to hit me. "Fucking hit me."

"It's okay, (Y/n)." Takemichi slowly stood up. "I can handle this."

Mikey looked over his shoulder. "Why did you stand up with that beaten up body of yours? Did you really think you stand a chance to win against me?"

"...I made a promise to the future you." Mikey's expression changed. "I made a promise to Baij-kun, I made a promise to Draken-kun." Takemichi clenched his fist. "That's why... I WILL NEVER LOSE!!" He ran at Mikey, trying to get a hit on him but of course Mikey hit Takemichi first.

I wiped away my tears. "Takemichi..." I watched him get up and keep charging Mikey. "'There's no way he can keep this up." I just stood there as I watch Takemichi keep getting knocked down. At one point during their fight, Takemichi was able to block one of Mikey's kicks. "H...he blocked it?!" I continued to watch Takemichi dodge Mikey's kicks.

"Even though I know what'll happen next, I still have to give it my all to evade!" Takemichi thought as he dodged another kick. "The thought of these kicks hitting me makes me tremble, but I must not falter!" he continued to think as he dodged another kick. "I must recall the kick, and once the next kick comes, there will be a gap that leads to an opening" Takemichi pulled his fist back. "Here it goes!" Takemichi threw his punch and it landed.

I let out a gasp just like everyone else that was conscious right now. That one punch was enough for some of the Toman members to start chanting again.

"All this fuss over a single punch?" Mikey slowly got back up and continued attacking Takemichi.

As the two of them fought, they were talking about why Takemichi come back when Mikey told him not to. Takemichi told Mikey it was because he wanted to save him. He even questioned Mikey about what makes him suffer so much and to respond to that, Mikey started to tell him that he found out by Wakasa about the first timeline and the dark impulses born out of love.

"He was trying to save me" Mikey started. "He went back in time to save me."

"Back in time...what?" Takemichi questioned.

"Shinichiro Sano is a time leaper."

"Mikey, your...your brother is the one who...!!?"