Chapter 2 Losing You

Reaching the hospital Meera came to the reception asking for Ashish and the receptionist sent her to the O.T on 2nd floor.

On 2nd floor she comes crying too worried about her world.

"Excuse me? Are you Meera Ashish Sahay?" came a voice from behind her.
She turned to come across a man who she thought might be the person who called her.
"Yes, I'm Meera. Where's Ashish my husband? Is he Okay?" she asked him.
"I'm Nitin who talked to you on the phone. Mr. Ashish had been taken to the operation theatre due to loss of blood. They're still operating so..." said the man.
"Okk and thank you for bringing him here. H..How did it happen?" Asked sobbing Meera.
"Actually there was a car which was driven by some drunk man and it came and hit his bike making him lose his balance and fall down..." said the man who brought Ashish.
"Ohh God!!" replied shocked Meera.
"I know this isn't the right thing to do now but my wife is calling me back home and looking at you I don't think I should leave you all alone it'd be good if you call someone....is there someone who can be with you here?" Asked the man looking stressed.
"Ohh ok pls go home I can manage and thank you I'll call someone don't worry" replied Meera.
"Ok then" saying he went from there.

Sitting on the chair in the hallway she thought to call mummy ji but knowing she might get much stressed she stopped and thought to call afterwards.And started praying for her love.

After 2 hours or so the door opened and a doctor came and asked "Are you related to him?"

"Yes he's my husband Ashish I'm Meera his wife how is he all ok?" She asked.

"I'm sorry but we couldn't save him he lost lot of blood due to his head hitting the divider of the road we tried our best. We're very sorry." He said.

Meera couldn't believe what she was hearing she couldn't think that the love of life, her husband and the father of her baby is not anymore.
"No..no pls try he can't leave me...he can't leave us" she said sobbing with her hand on her big belly bump.

"We're sorry but we tried our best he isn't with us anymore."
Saying he went from there.

As if the world was slipping beneath her feet she sat on the chair crying about her fate not able to think properly.

After sometime she dialed the phone to her mother in law to inform the twist of fate.

"Hello.. Meera how's Ashish is he ok?" asked her mummy ji.
Not able to utter a word she started crying about her fate...
"Meera what happened tell me..pls"
Said her mother in law.
After some minutes she said "Mummy ji.. Ashish...he..he is not anymore..." and cried losing the love of her life...
"What? no this can't happen my Ashish can't leave me nooo.." replied her mother in law she couldn't believe her son is not anymore.. "wait I'm coming with your papa ji there."
"Ok I'm here. Please come soon" saying Meera hanged up.

After the wait of sometime her mummy ji and papa ji came running to her.
"Meera how is Ashish" asked her stressed father in law .
Meera got confused looking at her mother in law she knew she didn't tell him about his death.
"You wait we'll be back" saying her mother in law took her to a corner and said "I didn't have the guts to say that to him with me not believing it myself."
Meera nodded her head crying and said "ok I understand" and took her mother in law to the door of operation theatre.
From which she saw her son's lifeless body on the strecher and cried in her daughter in law's arms.
After a while she took her mother in law to the seated area where her father in law was waiting for them praying for his son's recovery.
They both looked at each other and her mummy ji nodded her head in no hinting not to tell him but Meera knew one or the other day this truth of reality will come across him so with some courage she said to her father in law about the whole incident with the news that changed their whole life.

Her papa ji stood there shocked hearing the whole incident with the news that he never expected to happen.
And a pain started in his chest clutching his chest he started to become unconscious and hit the ground.
Meera and her mother in law shocked and started to call for help and the strecher came and took him to the o.t. of the same hospital where once her husband took his last breath.

Word count: 800
What do you think will happen next? Will Meera be able to handle the sudden turn of life?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote and comment if you like it; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!