Chapter 15 Shared Pain

Unknowingly Meera just asked the question he dreaded the most which made him a bit closed off.

He couldn't reply because he was remembering what happened to her and how his life changed because of her.
Looking at him a bit guarded Meera knew she asked the wrong question and at the wrong time so she said "Umm I'm sorry sir for making you uncomfortable you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
Meera scolded herself in her mind how could she ask this question on her first day and when he just started to talk comfortably I made him uncomfortable.
She started to get up with Yash in her arms when she heard him speak...
"Riya and I had an arranged marriage I didn't really wanted to get married and I refused but my parents were adamant about it so after taking my time I said yes because I wanted to give it a try to have a happy life after you know...
But after my marriage I came to know Riya was forced into it and had a boyfriend whom she loved immensely I asked her to leave me and marry him but turns out he was a real piece of shit who got her pregnant and left the country as he was from a rich family Riya was heartbroken and wanted to abort the baby but I couldn't see that so I took the responsibility and he is my son and when she was in labour we lost her. So now it's just me and Yash" he said still guarded but one can see his genuine feelings when looked in his eyes.

Meera was in tears and in shock she hadn't expected that neither for him and not for Yash who was just a baby she was proud of him for taking Yash's responsibility.
She felt really bad for Riya who lost so much and prayed for her soul. After a while she took a deep breath and said "You are a really good father and I'm sorry for your loss I don't know what you would've gone through" and wiped her tears.
Karan thought she felt his pain but how could she and said "Thanks but anyone else would've done the same."
"No nobody would have the courage and heart to do so" she said thinking how he always tried to downplay himself when he really had a good heart.
Nodding his head Karan asked the question that was bothering him but didn't know how it would effect her....
"While we are at it don't mind me asking but why did you take this job I mean you said you breastfed Yash means you also have a baby and a family so why?"
Meera didn't expect him to ask her about her life as she already dodged it before but as he shared she didn't have the guts to do the same so she said "I can't answer it but I will someday" and with Yash in her arms she got up from there and went to the kitchen keeping him in the cot.
Karan was surprised by her answer as he thought she'd atleast say something but she just denied and went. He knew something happened because why would she be here whole day than be with her baby and he thought this is just the first day she'll say when she'll want to.

In the kitchen Meera wiped her tears that slipped thinking about her life how she lost her love and her baby and now is all alone.
His question just triggered her grief and she couldn't handle it.
After sometime trying to calm herself she checked her self and saw it was time for her to go.
She went back to the living room and said "Yash is sleeping and it's time for me to go so...." saying she picked her purse from the table.
"Yes sure and thanks for today but from tomorrow you'll have to be early because my duty starts at 8 but today was the first day so I took time off" said Karan.
"Yes I'll be here on time" said Meera and left.

Karan changed and checked on Yash and sat down on the sofa and thought how her eyes looked puffy after coming from the kitchen and cursed himself for asking a question that made her cry.

In the hostel room......

Meera cried about her life and asked God to give her strength to continue her life and messaged Neha about her first day but spared their conversation and came to know she was stressed about her parents demand to get married quickly and calmed her and hanged up after a while.
Kavita brought some takeout and both shared with each other about their day and slept after sometime.

Word count:800
So here's the next chapter I hope you'll liked the it.
What do you'll think will happen next will their pain bond them closer or farther?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!