Chapter 32 Watching Her

Karan had just told her Maa that Meera stays here making his mother shocked.
"What? tell me why she stays here?" Asked Usha ji.
Karan knew it was time to come clean with her and gave her another shock.
"Maa it's because she's not just her nanny she breastfeeds Yash too" said Karan.
Usha ji was shocked and frowned hearing this and said
"How ? Is she a mother too?" She asked her son.
"She was and now she doesn't have anyone it's just her she informed me when I asked her and it's ok Maa it's her choice to share or not please tell me you're okay with this?" asked Karan to his Maa.
Usha ji was thinking for a while and then replied to him
"I'll see if I can be don't worry."
Karan nodded and just hoped that she doesn't make Meera uncomfortable by her curiosity.
"Dinner is ready ma'am" said Meera coming in the living room.
They nodded and went to have the dinner which was already arranged on the dining table.
All three of them took their seats Meera was not going to and serve but one look from Karan and she sat quietly.
Usha ji was surprised by so many dishes but didn't show it and had the first bite she was impressed it was really good and said to Meera "The food is very tasty but you don't need to cook so many dishes one or two would've been fine."
Meera thanked her and nodded her head and thought like mother like son about the same concern.
After the food Karan did the dishes and once both son and mother were in the living room Meera took the bottles in the nursery that was her room for now and pumped the milk for Yash and kept it in the kitchen as usual.
She was going to go back to her room but Usha ji stopped her and asked her to sit with them for some time.
She was tired after the day but complied and sat near her and saw Karan going to his room.
They watched a serial together which was Usha Ji's favourite Meera had no interest but felt bad if she just left from there so sat there until they completed an episode.
When the episode finally ended they both got up and switching the tv off Usha ji said Good night to her and Meera greeted the same and they both went to sleep the night off. In the nursery Meera used the essentials and was grateful for the necessities.

The next day, it was like everyday when Meera takes Yash to feed him Karan gets ready and makes breakfast but going in the kitchen he saw his Maa already made the Breakfast and said
"Maa you should've rested more and I do it everyday breakfast is my duty."
"It's fine and I got up early and thought to make you your favourite see!" exclaimed Usha ji showing him the plate of Aloo Paratha it was his favourite.
"Wow thank you so much Maa" said Karan and side hugged his Maa.
She patted his back and said "Come on now have it quickly or you'll get late."
He nodded and happily had it.
And after taking his bag he was going to go but stopped looking at sleeping Yash and pecked his forehead and saw his Maa and Meera was having their breakfast and went to them and pecked his mother's forehead and said "Bye I'm going" and waved in both their direction and left.
After having their breakfast Usha ji called her husband to learn about his whereabouts in the living room and Meera went to her room to bring her unfinished book to read and sat there reading it.

Sejal too came after sometime and talked to Meera like everyday when she answered the door but got surprised looking at Usha ji and talked with her as she knew her from before when Usha ji was here to take care of Yash in the first month.

Meera was a little nervous because she felt Usha ji's gaze on her every time she did something she couldn't bear to leave this job and tried her best be it feeding and taking care of Yash or some other work.
The day passed and it was time for Karan to come back home Usha ji asked Meera while drinking tea "So can you tell me how did you get this job I mean how did you meet my son by job?"
Meera knew she might ask her some questions as she was a mother and a grandmother she had her concerns so answered honestly and explained that he was her teacher in school and met at reunion and he offered her this job.
Listening to this Usha ji was surprised by Karan because he never trusted anyone else with Yash and to just hire Meera like that who had no experience was something else.
She thought to ask Karan about it afterwards and finished their talk.

Karan came back home and freshned up and sat in his room to do some checkings. Usha ji played with Yash who was sleepy after his feeding and caressed him she knew Yash wasn't Karan's baby as he didn't have a single resemblance of Karan but she loved him nonetheless and considered him her grandson.
Meera saw how she loved Yash and thought not to disturb them and went to the kitchen and thought to ask Karan for tea.
In his room,
The door was ajar but knocked on the door and he looked up and saw her then she asked "Would like to have tea?"
He said "it's fine no I don't thanks."
She went back and checked the grocery items for dinner.
But after sometime Usha ji came to the kitchen and said "You can tell me what are you cooking I'll help you as Yash is already asleep and I want to help you."
Meera told her what she was going to cook and they both started to cook the dinner together.
While passing from the kitchen Karan saw they both were cooking while laughing and chatting it was a good thing as till last night his mother didn't really liked Meera.

Word count:1050
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!