Chapter 37 The Dinner

Author's POV

They both reached the restaurant and entered inside.
"Excuse me I have a reservation" said Karan stopping a waiter who nodded listening to him and took them to their table.
"Sir would you like to order now or after sometime" asked the waiter.
"After sometime" Karan replied back to him and he went from there.
Meera was silent so Karan asked her "I hope you like the place."
"Yes it's really good" she replied back.
"So what would you like to have for some starters?" Karan asked her.
"Umm you can order anything I'm fine with anything" she replied to him still looking around thinking something.
"Ok so let's have some chicken fries hm?" He asked planning something.
"Fine with me" she replied back not paying attention and still looking around.
"But I don't think you'll be able to have it" said Karan.
This peeked at her interest so she asked him "why not?"
"Because if I'm not wrong you're a pure vegetarian?" He asked.
"Yes I am why ?" She asked back not understanding.
"Then why did you agree with chicken fries?" He asked her coming to the point.
"I did not why would I?" replied Meera making a face.
"You did so tell me why are you looking here and there is there a problem?" asked Karan.
"No no there's no problem sir" said Meera.
"Then ? Did you not like the place or what we can always go somewhere else?" saying he started getting up.
"No sir pls have a seat it's just leave it I was being stupid" she said shrugging it off.
"But...."
"Let's order first I'm thinking of having soup first" saying Meera picked up the menu and tried to choose one.
Karan was thinking about her reaction but when she picked the menu card he thought it was nothing and they ordered soup as starters then Chole Bhature and Pav bhaji as they wanted followed by ice cream as the dessert.
When it was time to pay Meera too picked out her wallet from her purse but Karan didn't let her saying he was the to take her dinner so and after paying they went back home.

The whole ride Meera was in a thought but soon dismissed it when she heard him speak
"So did you like it ?"
"Yeah it was good" she said.
"Do you mind if I play some music?"
He asked her.
"No pls do" she said.
Hearing her he played the music on the car.
And increased the volume as a song just ended thinking a new song was going to be played.
But got shocked when it turned out to be
"Baahon ke darmiyaan....."
Meera was looking out the window but her eyes widened when she heard this.
He quickly changed the channel but to his luck it was
"Bheege hoth tere......."
This just made it more awkward so he quickly changed it but fate was playing a game with him as the next song was
"Raat ka nasha......."
So he just shut it down in embarrassment and focused on the driving.
Here Meera was red in shame hearing such songs but soon they reached home.
They got down and after taking sleeping Yash both went to their respective rooms.

Meera's POV

Sitting on the bed I was in thought about the events of the day and chuckled thinking about the music incident in the car.
And unknowingly my mind wandered to the first time I saw him....

(Flashback starts)

Author's POV

A seventeen year old Meera had just entered the eleventh grade with her classmates she had finally taken arts stream as per her choice after a lot of convincing to her parents.

Arts was one stream that many students of her class had taken.
So Neha was with her too and she couldn't be more happier she just had one goal to study well and make her parents proud.

Meera's POV

I entered the class 11th D as per the division and my first glance went to Neha my best friend who was laughing at Dhruv for something so I made my way to her.
"Hi" I waved them they turned to me and Neha literally jumped on me as we hadn't meet since the results which was almost a month ago.
"Hey Meeru what's up" she asked me breaking the hug and I replied to her "nothing yaar I'm just grateful that I finally got to choose this stream."
(I got highest score in the class so all had expected me to take science but I wanted something else so it was difficult for me to convince my parents but I did)
"Let's sit the teacher must be coming" I said to her and she nodded in response and we took our seats I knew Neha didn't really like the first bench so I too sat with her in the back.
"You know guys Priya ma'am who was the class teacher of the last batch changed her job so I think there's going to be a new class teacher for us" said Dhruv from sitting beside our bench in another row.
"Really? and how are you so sure?" asked Gourav to him.
"Believe me my sources are never wrong" boasted Dhruv.
Neha and Gourav just laughed at his boasting but I had no idea if it was true or false.
We were waiting for the teacher but no one came then we saw our principal coming towards our class and he was not alone as I was sitting at the last I couldn't see properly because of my average height but that wasn't the problem it was just that Pooja who was sitting at the first was much taller than me.
"Good morning sir" we wished him.
"Good morning class today we have a new class teacher for your class he is also going to be your English teacher please welcome him."
Everybody started clapping and said "welcome sir."
"Thank you" a voice came it must be our new teacher but I still couldn't see him.
"And we also have a new computer teacher I hope you all will welcome and respect them nicely" saying he left.
"Please sit down everyone" I heard another voice but couldn't see the face.
All of us seated then I saw a man I think he is our new teacher as he was the only one standing.
"Thanks for your welcome I'm Aditya Singh you all can call me Adi sir."
"And no I'm not your class teacher he is" saying Adi sir pointed to the man coming inside the classroom and my eyes caught the sight of him and couldn't leave it.

Word count:1090
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it.
Thank you*
Toodles!!!