Chapter 48 Recalling It

Author's POV

"Maa mujhe der ho rhi jaldi karo"
("Mom I'm getting late be quick")
said a girl getting late.
"Aa rhi hu, ye le tera tiffin aur time pe aa ja na ghar aaj sham ko kuch log aa rhe he tumhe dekhne thik hai ?"
("Coming, here take your tiffin and come home on time today people are coming to see you ok ?") asked her mother.
"Par kyu maa maine aapko bataya tha na Ashish ke bare mai fir kyu?"
("But why Mom I had already told you about Ashish why then?")
asked the girl unable to understand.
"Beta tumhare papa ne bola hai isiliye zaada sawal mat karo."
("Dear your father had told me so don't ask questions")
replied her mother and left leaving her stunned.

After two days in their house,
The girl entered the house with her lover whom she married in a temple unknown to her family and tightly clutched his hand in fear.
He pressed the bell and the girl hinted at him to go back but the boy wasn't here to go back so he waited for the door to open.
The door was opened by the girl's brother and he called his parents seeing his sister with someone.
Both the parents came into the living room in no time and got shocked by looking at their daughter with him.
"Uncle mai aur Meera ek dusre se boht pyaar karte hai please hume aapka aashirwad de dijiye taaki hum apni shaadi shuda zindagi achhe se bita sake."
("Uncle I and Meera love each other immensely so please give us your blessings so that we can live our married life happily")
said the boy.
Hearing him now the parents noticed the vermillion on their daughter's hair, a mangalsutra in her neck with a garland.
"Neelam inse kehdo chale jaye yaha se chup chap."
("Neelam tell them to leave from here quietly")
said the man who was too disappointed in her daughter.
"Papa please suniye toh sahi mai aap log ke aashirwad ke bina kaise jao please maa aap hi kuch kahiye na"
("Dad please at least listen to us how can I leave without your blessings please mom you say something")
said the girl crying in distress.
"Mera sirf ek hi beta hai aaj se meri beti mar gyi mere liye,
Chale jao yaha se."
("I only have a son from today my daughter is dead to me. Go from here.")
said the man raising his voice.
"Maa aap bolo na papa se kya keh rhe hai dekho na please maa"
("Mom you tell Dad what he is saying please mom")
begged the girl to her mother crying in misery.
"Suniye ek baar sun toh lijiye"
("Listen hear them out for once")
said the mother to her husband but he didn't budge and dragged the pair outside while both of them requested and the mother cried unable to stop it.
"Kabhi apni shakal mat dikhana"
("Never show me your face again")
said the man and shut the door on their faces.

Meera's POV

Everything came back flashing in my mind looking at them after almost two years.

"Meera..." said Maa with tears in her eyes.
"Maa..."("Mom") saying I ran and hugged her I couldn't stop myself and tears slipped out of my eyes hugging her after so long.
Breaking the hug she asked me
"Kaisi hai tu beta ?"
("How are you dear?")
"Mai thik hu aap kaise ho aur papa?"
("I'm fine how are you and Dad?") I asked back.
"Hum sab thik hai" 
("We are all fine") Maa replied to me.
"Pata tha maa ki favourite toh di hi thi aaj dekh bhi liya"
("I knew Mom's favourite was sis but today I have seen it too")
I heard and turned towards the voice.
"Akshit..." I hugged him tightly my little brother was grown up now and still insecure of me being the favourite one of maa a smile came on my face thinking about it.
"Par aap yaha kaise ?"
("But why are you here?")
I asked.
"Humare Akshit ko ek ladki pasand aa gyi hai toh....."
("Our Akshit had chosen a girl so....")
"Chalo Neelam payment hua ki nhi ?"
("Let's go Neelam payment has been done or not?")
Before maa could complete I heard Papa's voice and he saw me.
"Yeh kya kar rhi hai yaha pe tumne bulaya ise Neelam?"
("What is she doing here did you call her Neelam?")
asked Papa to maa.
"Nahi wo Mai kisi ke sath aayi thi yaha"
("No actually I had come here with someone") I replied before he could blame maa.
"Chalo ab tum yaha mil hi gayi ho toh tumse chupane ka koi faida nahi hai Akshit ki mangni ho rhi hai."
("Now you're here then there's no need to hide it from you Akshit is getting engaged.")
"Yaha toh mil gyi hum se par Ghar aane ki sochna bhi mat aur dur rehna humse"
("You have met us here but don't even think about coming home and stay away from us")
he said.
"Par papa...."
("But Dad....")
"Bas kuch nhi sunna hai mujhe."
("Enough I don't want to hear anything.")
"Chalo tum log agar tamasha khatam ho gaya ho toh"
("Let's go if the drama is over") he said to maa and they left just like that.

I was still looking at them going but heard a phone ringing and saw it was Neha's mobile and picked it "Hello?"
"Hey Meeru where are you we're waiting and I'm very hungry" she said.
"I'm coming" I said and hung up.
Wiping my tears I left the shop and went where I left Neha and uncle and aunty.
"Here" I said to her giving her mobile.
"I'm sorry but I have urgent work so you continue please" saying I turned and left without letting her speak.

And went straight home as I had a key I didn't make a sound and went directly to my room.

Keeping my purse on the bed I slid down the floor resting on its edge thinking about it all.

"Meera you knew better than to love someone."

"But maa there is nothing wrong in it he loves me too and genuinely."

"I don't care but you know better than to expect such from your father he will never accept it."

"Mera sirf ek hi beta hai aaj se  meri beti mar gyi mere liye."
(I only have a son from today my daughter is dead to me.)

"Akshit ko ek ladki pasand aa gyi hai toh."
("Akshit has chosen a girl so.")

"Akshit ki mangni ho rhi hai."
("Akshit is getting engaged.")

"Tum dur rehna humse."
("You stay away from us.")

All the things they said started running through my head.
I could hear their voices with each sentence again and again and again.

"Ahhh!!" I clutched my head unable to stop it.

And cried on my fate, my actions and on myself.
They didn't accept when I loved someone and married him but they are marrying him to the girl of his choice.
I wasn't jealous of my brother but why did they treated me differently.
I thought I did a mistake by loving someone whose price I had to pay.
But now it didn't seem like that to him they had morals and values but only for me and not him why.
Maybe because I was a girl yes that must be it.
I don't deserve anything my love my Ashish he was gone why because I didn't deserve it and my baby...maybe I didn't deserve him too.
All my life I had been trying to please them by being the way they wanted me to be but my one decision ruined it because I didn't deserve them I cried with everything on my life.

"Meera ? What happened?"
I heard the door knocking and heard his voice.

He was too kind I didn't deserve him either.
He deserved much more like that woman yaa she deserved him not me I sobbed thinking how could I think I'd be happy how can I? I didn't deserve being happy and didn't know when everything faded to black.

Word count:1080
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!