Chapter 54 Getting Ready

Next Morning,

Both of them were ready to go shopping and Meera felt much lighter after the talk with him yesterday.

Meera let's go ? Called out Karan waiting for her in the living room.
One minute she said and came after a minute with Yash's bag and her purse in her hands and said to him I have already fed him but just in case if he wakes up so I have kept an extra bottle.
Yeah good job so let's go if all sets? Asked Karan.
Yeah replied Meera.
Taking the sleeping Yash from his cot he went to the car.
And Meera too locked the house and followed him to the car and they went.

Reaching the mall, Meera asked Karan.
I can carry him while we look for you?
Fine he said and gave her Yash and took Yash's bag from him.
And went towards the men's section to find clothes for him.

Karan was still thinking what to choose so asked for Meera's opinion she was surprised at first but then helped him and picked out two outfits for him one for Sangeet and one for marriage function.
Then they went to shop for Yash in the kid's section.
There they bought two cute onesies for Yash and it was of the same colour as Karan's outfit.

After getting out of the shop Meera said so are we done?
No  replied Karan making her frown.
So what is left ? asked Meera.
And without saying anything he took her to the ladies shop and said We hadn't chosen anything for you.
But I already have clothes I don't need it replied Meera not wanting to buy anything.
Oh come on Meera we had clothes too it isn't about need it's about want and if you won't take then we won't either replied Karan not leaving any reason to argue.
Meera nodded then reluctantly and they went to choose for her and after some time when she didn't choose any of it Karan asked her What happened Meera are you not liking any of it?
No it's just too glittery for me said Meera telling him about her dilemma.
Karan nodded and then said something to the salesgirl and then she brought some other options.
Meera actually liked the other dresses she brought and chose a lehenga for Sangeet and a saree for Neha's marriage.

And when it was time to pay for it Meera was going to do it but Karan stopped her and paid for it first and when she asked him why he did that he said That think of it as a gift from him as she didn't accept it when he told it was him who brought her here to buy.
She accepted his gift and they were feeling a bit hungry and so they went to the food court and enjoyed some fast food and went home after it.

It was already late afternoon so they went to their respective rooms and took a nap as they were tired and they had to go in the evening.
And after an hour or so Meera was up and started to get ready for the function.
She thought to wear bangles or not but at last ended up wearing it.
She was a bit conscious as the neckline looked a bit deep so covered it with the dupatta pining it on each shoulder.
And then went to see if he was ready or not and if he dressed up Yash or not.

(Meera's look)

And reaching his room knocked on the door but it opened as it wasn't locked and seeing no response entered inside the room.
She didn't see him anywhere and turned to go but stopped hearing the door opening and turned back around to come face to face with him who just came out of the washroom getting ready.
She was surprised looking at his outfit that matched with hers.

(Karan's look)

What ? How did it happen? Asked Meera in surprise as she was with him when they chose the outfit for him but he chose another colour and now it was different and matched with hers.

Actually I was shocked too maybe they changed the colour by mistake it's fine and it was my size only so I wore it no big deal said Karan answering her but it was he himself who changed the colour of his outfit to match with hers and only smirked knowingly.
Ohh ok I came here to ask if you dressed up Yash or not ? Asked Meera.
Yes I did don't worry he replied.
Meera nodded and was going to go but got stopped by him.
She turned back asking him what ?
Umm.. it's just that.... said Karan.
That ? Meera asked again.
The knot of your choli(top of lehenga) is open said Karan. He saw it when she was going to go back so told her.
Ohh said Meera was not able to say anything else blushing at realisation.
Nodding her head she went to her room and tried to tie it but couldn't that was the reason she only wore the blouses that had no knots.
After several tries she couldn't and then heard him from the living room.
Meera we'll get late let's go? Called out Karan to her.
After thinking for a minute and trying again when she failed she thought to ask him for help and called him there saying Can you please come here?
Karan was wondering why she called him and went to her room.
She already opened the door and he came inside his face in question.
I.. I need your help said Meera getting nervous.
Yeah ? He asked.
I couldn't do it so can you please tie it saying Meera turned around and faced the mirror.
Karan realised it after a second and asked her looking in her eyes through the mirror Are you sure I mean are you okay with me doing this?
If I wasn't I wouldn't have called you replied Meera.
Karan nodded and taking a step towards her he shifted her long brown hairs on her shoulder on one side still looking in her eyes who blushed at the proximity.
Keeping contact with her eyes he held the knots in his hands and  tied it and when she felt his hand she looked down not able to look in his eyes blushing.
Karan kept looking at her through the mirror the whole time respecting her and loved when she blushed because of him.
It's done said Karan and went out of her room.
Meera came out of the trance when heard him and was still blushing so fanned her face to become normal.
And after sometime checking herself the last time in the mirror went to the living room.

There she saw Karan with sleeping Yash in his arms dressed up in a cute onesie they bought for him and coincidentally he too was matching with both of them.

Hearing her coming out of the room Karan now properly looked at her from top to bottom with her long brown hairs followed by her outfit he realised it wasn't the outfit that complimented her it was her who complimented the outfit and said to her,
You look breathtakingly gorgeous!!
Meera's cheeks turned scarlet hearing his compliment and whispered Thank you.
It was after a really long time she got ready like this and was feeling a bit conscious as she put on weight but his words and the way he looked at her comforted her. And both went to attend Neha's function.

Word count:1200
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!