Chapter 73 The One

Meera's POV

He looked shocked by my question. Of course he wouldn't have expected me to ask this. I looked at him who tried to relax and think if he should answer my question.

After a deep breath he looked at me.
Yes I did he said making me numb I could feel my heart break. Again. And I stood up as I couldn't be here in front of him looking all okay when I was not.
But you have to hear me out please Meera he requested looking in my eyes.
I sat down again wanting to just get it over with all at once.
As I told you before Naina and I went to the same college and became friends. It was in the last year of my degree when our group of friends decided to go for a trip to Manali to celebrate our friendship and have fun just before we all graduated.
We were having a bonfire and partying around it and then we started playing truth and dare.
It was Naina's turn and Suraj was the one to question her. She chose truth so he asked her if she liked any of us and if she did then confess to that person. She came to me and confessed she had always liked me. I didn't take it seriously because we were friends maybe she just didn't want to confess to anyone else as most of them were jerks and we all were drinking and having fun.
And so life continued but some years later she had asked me to help her as her parents were wanting her to get married but she didn't want to as she wanted to achieve more in her career so she asked me if I could pretend to be her boyfriend I refused at first but she convinced me saying she had already taken my name and so I agreed as it was for her career. I think it was on your batch's farewell she called me as her sister had come suddenly to check if the boyfriend thing was real as I had proposed to her a day ago which she had recorded and she had called me to inform that they believed it and I pretended for so and she could continue her career as if her boyfriend didn't mind then they didn't either.
So yes I did propose to her but it was all fake to help her really. He said sincerely. I believed him and I even trusted him but I didn't trust her.
I nodded and gave him a little smile getting it that what I heard on my farewell wasn't true it was a facade.
Meera why did you ask me this suddenly? He asked me.
Nothing just like that I saw it on tv it's silly sorry I replied not able to tell him about her.
Are you sure ? He asked me.
Yes I said smiling so he wouldn't know.
But a thought occured in my mind and so I asked him.
You don't like her ?
Like who ? Naina ? He asked.
I nodded in response.
Yes she's a nice friend he replied.
No I mean have you never like like her ? I asked him.
As in more than a friend? He asked me.
Yes I uttered.
No why do you ask? He asked me back.
Umm..I don't know she's beautiful, elegant, classy you both would look good together I uttered with a heavy heart I could feel my insecurities kicking in. But when I saw her the way she carried herself so elegantly I was surprised when he said he didn't maybe he was still in denial because they are friends.

Meera she might have all of these qualities and more but I like her just as a friend he said looking at me.
Maybe it's just you who thinks that I said slowly I didn't mean it to slip out.
Before he could ask me for more I stood up wanting to go away from the question about to come.
I didn't even take two steps when he tugged me closer to him clutching my wrist.
What did you mean ? He asked me leaning closer.
Nothing sorry I said looking down.
Tell me Meera he said lifting my chin up making me look at him.
I... I meant maybe you're in denial because you guys are friends and you both would look really good together. You'll compliment each other amazingly. Now you may think that you don't like her but give her a chance maybe you'll learn you guys are good for each other I said gulping and looked at him who looked at me frowning.

I said all those things because I knew no matter how much I like him or maybe even love him I didn't deserve him he deserved much better. And if Naina was that better then be it.

Just so you know I only look good with one woman and she makes me want to be a better man. She compliments me like no other and even if she thinks I am not the one I will keep waiting and try my best to become her the one. Because I love her and my love is not just with her outer beauty it's with her soul. The innocent soul that had gone through so much and still smiles like she is the happiest in the world. The soul that cares, loves and gives like anything to the world but I want to be the one to care, love and give her the world she thinks she doesn't deserve. And even if it takes me years to be her "the one" I'll wait but that doesn't mean she could go and hitch me with any other girl she finds. I may have not been her first but I'll try my goddamn best to be her last. And just to make it clear before she thinks it's about some other girl it's you Meera. You are my "The One" . He said looking in my eyes and I could feel the moistness in my eyes slip out.
I would've never expected this every single word that he uttered from his mouth he had felt it I saw it in his eyes and I could no longer deny it. My dam broke with the overwhelming feeling.
And he cupped my face seeing my tears.
Oh God I'm so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable Meera please don't cry it breaks my heart. He said wiping my tears.
And just right there I felt it.
I was in an absolute love with him and I wouldn't let it slip away not again.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!