Chapter 71 Chasing Her

Karan's POV

I quickly went inside my room so as not to make her uncomfortable.
Who knew watching a movie could make us awkward.
It wasn't like I mind but I knew she would've been embarrassed in front of me so I left from there.

I sat on my bed and saw my clothes were folded and kept neatly. It must've been her because usually it's me who brings my clothes from the terrace. And my mind went back when I saw her laugh freely some time ago it wasn't the first time I saw her laughing I saw it when she laughed on my mask stupidity. And I thought it was the most beautiful sound I had heard. But today it made my heart flutter watching her laugh so freely. She deserved all the happiness in the world. And then I remembered how she didn't ask me about Naina i didn't like it but I told her even if she didn't ask because I wanted to.

After sometime I went back to watch the movie when I heard that the song had finished and the movie continued.
It was dark when the movie had finally finished and I saw Meera wiping her tears which slipped out when the mother son duo met again in the movie. And I couldn't help but look at her cute pink nose and face which was the result of her crying.
What are you looking at? She asked when she saw me looking at her.
Nothing just watching a crybaby cry I said with a teasing smile.
Her jaw dropped at my words.
Did you just call me a crybaby? She asked in disbelief.
And I nodded in response trying to stop the smile which was slipping out.
She huffed in response and said
If I'm a crybaby then..then....
I raised my eyebrow for her to finish the sentence.
Then you are an old man she said with a smile making my eyes wide.
Meera I think I heard you wrong I said not believing my ears.
No you did not she said with a teasing smile.
Then you need this I said passing her my glasses from my pocket.
No I do not if I'm a crybaby then you're an old man she said firmly standing up and looking at me.
Oh God Meera you did not just call me an old man because I'm not even thirty I said more like whining.
No you are an old man...old man she kept repeating.
Meera you better run because if I catch you I can assure you won't like the consequences I said getting up and she ran watching me.
Laughing at me she kept running and I kept trying to chase her.
She went to her room and I too followed but I couldn't catch her as she dodged me by jumping on the bed and just when I was going to catch her she went back to the living room.
In the living room we played back and forth with the sofa in between. She giggled in excitement.
You can't catch me she said with a mischievous smile on her face.
Oh just wait and see I said grinning.
And when I climbed up on the sofa to catch her she ran towards my room. I too followed her in my room and locked the door not giving her an opportunity to run back.
She was standing on my bed as she watched me lock the door.
No this is cheating you can't lock it she said pointing the door sadly.
Oh I can and I just did I replied moving closer to the bed from the left side.
Just as I reached the bed she got down to the floor from the right and now I was standing on the bed she was in front of me.
She turned and tried to open the locked door. It won't open I said.
Why ? She asked back looking back at me.
I had locked it tightly but you can try I said shrugging and gestured to the door so her focus was back on the door handle.
And I quietly made my way to her. Did it open? I asked her from behind.
No she said not realising it's me.
Keep trying I said and she nodded at me and then kept trying.
I just looked at her with a smile on my face at her innocence.
It's not opening she said huffing at last.
Yeah I can see that I replied to her.

Hearing me she turned to me with wide eyes realising I was standing just behind her and she looked at the room probably calculating where she could run.
Watching her eyes wandering all over the room I knew she'd run again. And she did move from my right and I turned back to catch her but before she could run more further I held her wrist in an attempt to stop her from running and she crashed into me due to the force of my hand and my other hand went to her waist to balance her but the balance didn't last as the bedsheet which was dangling from the bed due to our running came between my leg and I fell with her beneath me on the bed.

Are you ok ? I asked looking at her beneath me.
Yeah she replied.
But this doesn't mean that you won she said.
Oh then what does it mean ? I asked.
It means that you fell she replied.
Hmm but you beneath me caged in my arms says otherwise I said with a smile.
I..I   she was trying to reason but no words came from her mouth.
I ? I asked her to continue.
But you locked the door it wasn't fair she said pinching her eyebrows.
Everything is fair in love and war my dear I replied to her and her eyes widened hearing me.
And I just looked at her brown orbs that showed too many emotions.
She too looked at me and made no attempt to get away not that she could anyway.
And my gaze went all over her face from her eyes to her cute nose then to her cheeks that had turned red due to the closeness and then to her pink plump lips.
And suddenly she bit her lower lip making me go crazy at the sight. But then we heard my naughty little son cry. Making Meera laugh and I too joined as he always managed to interrupt our moments. And I got up from the bed missing her warmth. I held my hand for her and with my help she too got up and went to my son.
Ughh he always does this I said in my mind watching her go with a smile.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!