Chapter 61 Reaching There

Meera's POV

After taking a quick shower I got ready in a beautiful light blue saree. I know for my Neha's wedding I should have chosen a dark colour but I love light shades so I chose this. And left my hair open.
I applied a minimal makeup and looked in the mirror.
I was nervous to face him as he would want to talk to me about it so I took some deep breaths and calmed myself. I quickly dressed up Yash too. Taking Yash with me I moved out of my room to the living room. But he wasn't there so I kept Yash in his cot and went to knock at his door as we might get late.
I knocked once and I heard him speak Yes I'm ready I'll be there in a minute.
So I went back to the living room and reminded myself if I was forgetting something then I remembered my purse and Yash's bag was still in my room so I went to take it.

Coming back in the living room I saw him standing there with Yash in his arms.
What? how did it happen again?
I was shocked looking at him.
He saw my shocked face and replied Yeah must be a coincidence I chose white right but no problem me and Yash are still matching right.
Yes I said and just nodded in response.
Meera can we please talk I just....he was saying but I stopped him.
We can talk after the wedding I said as I couldn't bear the hurt and make myself look happy for the wedding if it happens now.
He nodded and said looking at his watch Let's go or we'll be late.
I agreed and we moved out of the house. I locked the house and sat inside the car. As he still had Yash in his lap I started to take Yash from him unknowingly our fingers brushed. I looked at the hands mine was on him I quickly removed it and took Yash this time without touching.
Yash clung onto me and making me smile.
In some time we reached and he got a call so I went inside the venue and saw uncle(Neha's father) was going here and there checking the arrangements.
I made my way to him and touched his feet.
Hello Uncle I said to him.
Oh Meera you came and how is the little boy hm? He asked looking at Yash in my arms.
He is good and don't worry everything will happen nicely I said looking at his stressed face.
Yeah just hope so he said.
And tell Neha to not trouble her mother he said.
Yes I said and went to meet my best friend.

In the bride's room,

Entering the room I saw Neha getting scolded by aunty on why she is doing it so lazily and all.
Don't worry aunty she'll be ready in no time I said making them face me.
Meeru!! she exclaimed happily seeing me.
Oh Thank God Meera you're here make this girl understand that guests would arrive in no time and so will baraat so get ready quickly said Aunty to me.
Yes don't worry I assured her and she went.
So why are you not ready now ? I asked her.
I was going to but you know Maa she always scolds me for something she said.
Ok now hurry up I said and she started to get ready.
In sometime she was ready and the parlour lady who came to assist was done too.
Wow you're looking so beautiful Neha I said when she turned around and I saw her complete look.
Thank you Meeru and that saree is looking really pretty on you she replied and we sat down.
Thanks now tell me honestly how are you feeling? I asked her.
I'm fine but a little hungry she said.
And I saw one of her cousin come inside the room.
Neha asked her to bring her something to munch and she went.
Neha you know what I mean I said.
I know Meeru but it's not something I can't handle she said.
Ok if you say so but you know you can call me anytime ok? I said.
Yes now tell me what happened to you? She asked if I was thinking how she knew.
Nothing and see your food is here come on have it I said when I saw her cousin come back with some snacks for Neha.
I'll just come ok I said and she nodded having her food with her cousin talking.

I knew I had to come out as Neha very well knew me I don't want to burden her with my problem as it was her wedding day it's meant to be special.
So after drinking a juice with Yash in my arms I was watching the place as more guests had arrived.
I was going to go back but stopped when I saw him coming towards me.
I can hold Yash while you can enjoy the wedding he said.
No it's fine I replied.
Meera he said and I passed Yash to him.
And I turned to go back to Neha's room. There I saw Neha was still having her snack and her cousin wasn't there I just shook my head I was aware of how much of a foodie she is.
We started talking and some time later her cousin came back and said The baraat is here.
And went to enjoy it.
Neha you okay ? I asked her as I saw she didn't say anything.
She nodded but didn't say anything.
Do you want me to help you to run away? I asked her.
She snapped her head to me not believing I was the one asking her such.
As tempting as it sounds I don't want him to think of me as a coward so no she replied.
I knew your answer beforehand I said smiling.
Then why did you ask? She asked me.
Because you would have done the same for me I said as I knew her damn well.
She smiled and we laughed at our silliness.
You too can go to Meeru she said.
No I'm not going anywhere I said as I knew how important this time was for her all the thoughts must be running through her mind about how she would be able to manage everything after marriage.
So we spent some more time talking about here and there our talks had no limits and we could talk for hours.

(Meera's look)

(Karan's look)

(Karan's look)

Word count: 1100
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!