Chapter 53 Shared Agony

Karan's POV

I knew something was wrong when the whole day I was thinking about her and came home to see her puffy eyes I felt really bad not able to help her and was still looking at her thinking is it the same thing that made her health deteriorate and if it was will she tell me if I ask.
Catching my gaze she asked me why I was looking at her and I answered what I thought she didn't expect. Of course she didn't she had a habit of keeping everything inside especially if it was something bad I don't know whether it was a good habit or bad.
She denied it and I knew it was a lie in order to not let me know I felt hurt that she chose to lie to me than tell the truth so I said to her it's fine if she didn't want to tell me but not to lie to me ever.
She looked down thinking I knew she wouldn't tell and as much as I wanted to know the reason and help her for the same I respected it if she didn't want to share it with me because she was anything but a person who shared everything.
But then she said she'll tell me I was surprised but happy that she is trying and sharing it with me.
So I nodded in response hinting at her to continue.
Then she told me about her parents and how they loved her when she was young and then when she got married to Ashish by her choice they rejected her and threw her not only out of their home but also from their lives I was shocked and she continued telling me that when she was with Neha for jewelry shopping she met them their coincidentally and what they said she was in tears and I couldn't see it and I was pissed at her parents for their double standards and she told me about today that they thought Yash was her child and she had a little hope that they would accept her but it got crushed and that's the reason she couldn't hold her tears and cried again saying she wasn't enough I couldn't see it none of it was her fault and shifted near her who was sobbing thinking about it and I just held her in my arms not able to see it.
She cried in my arms letting it all out and I felt an unknown protectiveness towards her to protect her from the whole world if I could that broke such an innocent heart and soul that could never harm anyone.
After sometime she stopped and separated from me and wiped her tears she looked down.
I held her chin up and said to her None of it was your fault Meera you didn't do anything wrong by loving someone it was their fault for following the societal norms above you and never say that you were not enough because you didn't need to be , all you ever needed was to be you and they should have respected that the way you are and loved you no matter what.
She was shocked hearing my words but then she said You don't have to do this I know you are just saying it to make me feel better.
I frowned because it was far from the truth and I knew what the problem was and said Don't let your overthinking and insecurities overpower you Meera sometimes they are the ones that do much bigger damage than others.
She just looked at me and nodded saying Neha says that too. And thank you for this.
I nodded it was good that she understood that it wasn't her who was the problem.
Suddenly she looked at my shirt and said oh god I'm sorry I ruined your shirt.
You could ruin me and I wouldn't mind said my mind.
What ! I'm going crazy shit!!
It's fine just a shirt no big deal I replied to her who was still looking at me.
So when is the next function? Are you excited? I asked her to try to divert her mind.
Umm.. it's tomorrow in the evening Mehendi followed by Sangeet will you be there? She asked me hopefully.
I couldn't deny even if I wanted to so I said Yes I will don't worry.
She smiled in response and I just realised how much I loved that smile and could do anything to keep it.
She nodded and then went to her room I didn't question as she must've been tired or something so I just took my sleeping son from his cot and sat back on the sofa admiring him.
How quickly the time has passed he is growing so quickly now he is at least three months old now and it was just like yesterday when I held him for the first time.
Just spending time with him made all my tiredness go away.
And I just thought about everything that Meera shared with me I would've never guessed had she not told me about her parents because when I met her parents in the school it seemed like a typical happy normal family.
Maybe sometimes what looked on the outside was totally different from the inside.

Soon Meera came back in the living room with two cups in her hands and with the smell I could guess it was tea. I have never liked tea but when it was made by her I couldn't resist.

She passed a cup to me and I kept it on the table as Yash was in my arms and the tea was still hot.
She sat towards my left on the sofa and said Do you mind if I ask you something?
I just motioned her to continue with my hand and she did.
When you were my teacher in the last year I... leave it it's stupid she said and stopped.
I was confused and said to her I don't mind saying what you were saying.
She nodded her head negatively.
I just shrugged not wanting to push her.
So would you mind going out with me ? I asked.
Her eyes widened hearing me.
Shit it came out wrong.
I mean would you mind going shopping with me and Yash as we both definitely don't have something to wear at Neha's marriage and you can take something for yourself too? I explained.
Yeah I don't mind let's go so when will we go? She asked about taking a sip of tea.
We can go tomorrow morning as it's already late now hm? I asked her.
Yeah sure she replied and we just chatted about here and there and the day passed.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!