Chapter 50 Overlook it

Meera's POV

After I gained consciousness I was surprised to see him here in my room and then he told me how he found me unconscious and he called a doctor for the same and I came to know it was because of low blood pressure due to stress.
He asked me if something happened but I couldn't make myself tell him.

And I was relieved that he didn't ask further and went to make me something. I was still thinking about it all and everything came back in my mind but stopped when he brought the soup for me. I have always hated soups and all since I was young so unknowingly I made a face.
But he saw it and asked me I told him that I don't really like it. He said I should have a sip that it's tasty but I wasn't sure just when I was thinking he brought the spoonful of soup near to my mouth I was shocked and heat rushed to my cheeks by the gesture but had it and it was actually good better than I had before and had it completely as I didn't really have anything for lunch.

After finishing it I saw he was still looking at me so I asked "what happened?"
"Nothing just thinking how you take care of Yash when you yourself behave like him" he said and wiped the corner of my lips grinning. Oh God I was embarrassed and quickly wiped again with my hands.
"So now take some rest and I'll cook the dinner and call me if you need anything" saying he got up taking the empty bowl.
"But sir I'm fine now I can do it and I had already taken a rest please" I said as I didn't want to take more rest.
"Fine but you are not doing any work" he said and went.
Thinking about what I should do I thought to read and went to the living room thinking my previous book was there.

In the living room,

I took my book from the shelf and sat on the sofa to read it.
But just as I opened the book my eyes caught the sketch of him that I drew when he was half naked. Oh my god what did I do and panicked looking at the drawing but suddenly looked at it and admired it.

What are you smiling at ? I heard him speak and looked up he was standing right in front of me.
"N..n.nothing" I stuttered getting nervous.
"I'm sure it wasn't nothing because you were smiling at it like it was something" he said grinning raising his eyebrows.
"I told you it was nothing umm..just a scene in the book nothing much" I said.
"And why are you here did you come to ask me something?" I asked to try to divert the topic.
"Yeah actually can you keep an eye on Yash I'm bringing him here in his cot he is still asleep by the way so..?" He asked me.
"Yeah of course" I said and he went to bring Yash.
I quickly turned the pages of the book to read it.

Next Day,

He was still not allowing me to do any work and I was definitely shocked by his concern because it wasn't a big deal I was fine now and could do my work but he didn't let me so here I am sitting with Yash who is a bit drowsy after the feeding in my room on a Sunday morning.

After sometime burping him I was just going to read as he didn't let me do any work so taking my book I was just planning to read it.

Meera.. he called out my name from his room so I told him I'm here in the living room and he came here and said "I'm sorry actually I forgot to tell you to call Neha."
I frowned hearing him as why would I need to call her I just met her yesterday.
He must've seen the frown on my face as he continued saying "Yesterday when you were resting Neha called and I asked her if something happened with you guys but I just told her you were resting when she asked because I didn't know what to say to her when I didn't know anything myself. And I told her that I'll tell you to call her when you are awake but forgot it sorry."
"No it's fine I'll call her now and it's probably for the good that you didn't tell her about me getting fainted otherwise she would have been too worried she already has too much on her plate with her marriage and all"
I replied to him.
He just nodded and left and I picked up my phone to call her.

"Hello?" I said when she picked it.
"Hey Meera are you alright and what happened tell me?" She asked me.
"Yes I'm fine no need to worry and nothing happened it's just I was tired and rested for a longer time than usual so sir asked you if something happened" I told her because I didn't want her to worry about me.
"Oh ok thank god I got worried when sir asked me" she said.
"Yeah now tell me how's the preparations for marriage going on?" I asked her.
"It's almost done and by the way you do remember that functions start from the day after tomorrow right so no excuses and I want you , Karan sir and Yash here in time ok?" She asked me.
"Yaa I remember don't worry I'll be there and I'll ask sir too" I said.
"Ok then I'll have to hang up Meeru Maa is calling me" she said and I could hear the noises.
"Yeah bye go" I said and hung up.

I was thinking about what to wear the day after tomorrow in her haldi ceremony.
And went to my room to see my options and found a yellow saree and thought to wear it.

And I made my way to the kitchen to check the groceries as I liked buying groceries but saw it was already fulfilled and pouted thinking it must be his doing so I didn't have any work to do. As much as I complained about it I really liked it. It was after a long time that someone was taking care of me and not the other way around.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!