Chapter 22 After Math

Next Day , Meera was up a bit late probably because of their late night talking but when she did she heard Yash crying and went in his room to see Yash who was hungry and fussy in his bed with his father and looked at the clock that said it was 7:10 am at this time she's usually feeding Yash but Karan was still asleep thinking he might be tired she took Yash with her in the guest room to feed him.

Karan woke up after sometime and saw he slept in so without delaying he went to get ready but stopped thinking of Yash and searched but did not find him neither in his room nor in the cot in living room and thought to ask Meera and went in the guest room. Looking at the ajar door he thought to knock but saw her back on the bed and she turned a bit making him realise that she had Yash and was feeding him. Without disturbing them he quietly made his way back to his room to get ready.

Meera's POV

Here sitting in the guest room feeding little Yash made me a bit relaxed and happy the events of the last night had been flashing through my mind all night and the coffee talk with him made me distracted but I can't help it.

I still remember when I thought I won't survive then he came with so much anger in his eyes I couldn't even look at it. He fought them who knew the normal English teacher could fight three men on his own but there he was.
I agreed to stay with them because I don't know what would I do if they came back I was all alone there so thought to be with them. He was a good man the way he made attempts to joke just to make me smile even though he was bad at it made me smile again.
Now I'll just go back in the evening there and will call Neha for the same.
Yash was full so covering myself I burped him and took him to his cot in the living room.
There I saw him cooking breakfast and kept the little Yash in his cot and went to talk to him.

"Good morning sir" I said to him.
"Good morning Meera I hope you slept well last night."
I nodded not to explain him about the nightmares that came back.
"Well I made your breakfast and I'm getting late so I'll leave ok."
"Ok" I replied and watched him go.

When Sejal came she was talking like everyday but noticed my unresponsive behaviour and asked what happened but I shrugged it off and blamed it on tiredness.

When she went i thought to call Neha but she must be busy so I messaged her asking her to meet me in the evening at my hostel.
I was afraid but I knew I had to do something I can't live here with them forever.
She replied in assertive after sometime.

Karan's POV

The whole day at work I had only one thing in my mind going on which was how Meera was living there.... in a hostel ? and why ? did something happened to her family I know she won't answer if I asked her so I left that thought but I knew one thing for sure I couldn't see her living there all alone I didn't want to risk her safety so I knew what I had to do.
Today itself I'll ask her so she atleast thinks about it.

Meera's POV

Around 4 o'clock he came back from work.
And asked me to have a seat as he wanted to talk to me about something.
He freshened up and took the sleepy Yash in his arms and asked "How was your day ?"
"Fine."
"I wanted to ask you about something" he said.
I nodded in response.
"I am not asking you because I took pity on you or something like that I just can't even think about what happened yesterday might repeat if you lived there."
I wasn't able to understand what was he trying to say.
"I am not getting it what are you trying to say sir please be more clear" I said to him.
"What am I going to say you might have doubts about it but I just want you to know that I mean well and I just want you to be safe" he said again confusing me even more.
"What are you saying sir?" I asked.

Clearing his throat he said "I am asking you to move in with me and Yash in our house."
Hearing him I was stunned thinking why is he asking me this I mean how could he ? growing up in an orthodox family I've been taught that a man and a woman can't live together without a relation between them and hearing him ask me this made me feel a bit absurd.
"How can you even ask me such a thing sir ?" I asked.
"Such a thing.... ? Meera I'm worried about you knowing you live there alone and God forbid if something like that happens again and I'm not there to save you."
"But that doesn't mean you ask me to move in with you. Do you even know a man and a woman can never live together in the same house without a relation between them" I said to him.
"Meera pls no your taking it in the wrong way I just want you to be safe I'm asking you to move in with me as Yash's nanny not like anything else" he replied.

Word count: 950
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it.
Thank you*
Toodles!!!