Chapter 36 Opening Up

Karan's POV

"Fine yes I was crying" she finally confessed.
"You can talk to me Meera" I said to her.
She thought for a while and closed her book and kept it on the table.
"I was keeping the clothes in my wardrobe and then I came across a photo" she said.
I just nodded hinting at her to continue.
"The photo was of me and Ashish" saying she took a deep breath.
"Ashish my late husband, we loved each other immensely."
This was the first time she was talking to me about her life and so I just listened to her it took her a lot to open up.
Then she told me how they met at their work place and fell in love and got married they were going to be parents and then how her life took a turn and everything got snatched away from her and it was just her then Neha helped her and that led her to attend the reunion where I met her and gave her the job offer.
I felt really bad for her as I lost my partner too but it was different we didn't love each other and they did it must have hurt very bad and then her baby too and I was pissed at her in laws how could they do that to her. Neha was a really good friend. I'm glad I offered her the job. She was trying to hold it all back and tears gathered in her eyes which I couldn't see.
"I'm sorry Meera I didn't want to make you cry" I said to her as I felt bad for making her cry.
"No it's just it hurts a lot when I even think about it."
"You are very strong Meera I don't think someone else would've been like you going through so much and still have a smile on your face."
She nodded and said "Thank you sir" and wiped a tear that slipped.
"I think we are friends now Meera so you can call me by my name don't you think?" I asked her as I felt really formal when she called me sir when we lived together and we shared our thoughts.
"But you're much older than me how can I ?" She asked.
"Are you saying I'm old Meera" I asked her in a serious voice.
She quickly shaked her head in no.
I laughed at her reaction and then said "it's fine Meera if you don't want to then no problem.
So do you have any plans in the evening?" I asked.
"Not that I know of" she replied.
"Ok so would you mind going outside for dinner?" I asked her.
She was surprised by my question and started to think.
"Don't think it like anything else it's just that it'll be good for the change of place for you and it's fine if you don't want to go" I added quickly as I didn't want her to think otherwise.
"But what about Yash" was her first concern it warmed my heart.
"Its his sleeping time and we can ask Mrs. Maheshwari to look after him and we'll be quick" I replied back regarding her concern.
"Yes I don't mind where we will go ?" She asked curiously.
"Be ready at 7 and you'll find out" I said and went from there to make reservations.

I made the dinner idea to change her mood she was all sad from the morning and now I made her cry so I thought to eat outside with her as it was Saturday.

Around 7 p.m. I was already in a light blue shirt with black pants and called out to Meera she came after a sometime dressed in a nice purple saree with drowsy Yash in her arms.
"Is he asleep?" I asked her.
"Yes I just fed him and burped him too so he'll be asleep in no time" she replied.
I nodded to her and said "so let's go."
"Yes I'll just take my purse" saying she brought it from her room and we made ourselves out of the house after locking it we made our way to Mrs. Maheshwari's house and she was very much happy to look after Yash for the meanwhile.

We went to the car and I drove towards our destination.
During the drive she asked me "So how long have you been living in this neighborhood?"
"Umm I don't remember the exact year but it's been more than five years or so why?" I asked her back.
"No just curious as nowadays not many people are happier to look after their neighbour's babies."
"Yes that's true but Mrs. Maheshwari is actually very different her husband was in the army and died during an attack so it's just her and her daughter now who is training in the army too if it were someone else they wouldn't have allowed their child to do the same but once her daughter decided she supported her with everything which is very brave of her."
Meera nodded hearing me and said "Wow she really is I didn't know thanks for telling me about it."
"No problem" I responded.
Then I glanced at her and saw she was looking out the window so I asked her "You won't ask me where we are going?"
"No because you're very stubborn and won't tell me until we reach there" she said still looking out.
I was amazed at her answer thinking how did she know it.
"Sorry umm I didn't mean to call you stubborn" she said apologizing me.
"No need I'm just amazed how do you know ?"
"Know what ?"
"That I'm stubborn."
"Actually Aunty told me one day when we were cooking about how you made a scene when she made your most hated vegetable when you were young and you didn't even eat food not to have it and was too stubborn to fast then to have it."
She said sheepishly shocking me how can Maa tell her about it like really when did they become so close that Maa discussed me with her. But I shouldn't be shocked as it was my Maa who loved embarrassing me.
"I'm sorry sir if you feel uncomfortable I didn't mean to" she said to me.
"No it's fine I'm used to my Maa's behaviour till now."
And we reached I turned off the engine of the car and said to her Here we are let's go.

Word count:1050
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!