Chapter 3 Bad Dream

Both of them were praying for him outside the operation theatre and after some hours the doctor said "Mr. Sahay's condition is stable now, being a heart patient you have to give him a peaceful environment, if he hadn't been in hospital and delayed coming here we would've lost him so pls make sure not to give him any kind of stress."

Hearing this Mrs.Sahay couldn't believe that she could've just lost her husband and all because of her daughter in law whom she hinted not to tell him about his son's death. She was enraged and dropped Meera's hands which she held praying and left from there and called her daughter Shweta and her husband to help them.

Meera prayed to God grateful for her papa ji's recovery and got confused when her mummy ji suddenly left her hands and walked away.

After some time Shweta and her husband came and helped Mrs Sahay in paperwork and medicinal requirements.
While Meera went to her husband's lifeless body remembering all the memories she shared with him and their dreams they made together.

After a day or two Mr Sahay was discharged and Ashish's body was taken for the final rights.

Three days later...

Meera felt strange about her mummy ji's distant behaviour and thought of it as grieving for her son.
In the evening while resting she felt immense pain in her abdomen and was taken to the hospital as her water broke.

Mrs Sahay and Shweta were waiting for her outside the operation and after a long wait the doctor came out and told them "that due to hypertension the baby had a stillbirth meaning his heart stopped (he's dead). So sorry we tried our best" and went leaving the two women in shock.
Mrs Sahay and Shweta cried _on each other's shoulders thinking about their loss of the little baby who was the last remembrance of Ashish.

After the news broken to Meera she couldn't comprehend why life was playing such a cruel game with her. First her husband and now her baby and she became unresponsive to the surroundings.

Another Three days passed......
In these three days many things changed Meera wouldn't come out of her room,not have anything or talk to anyone just cooped inside her room crying grieving about her husband and baby who left her all alone in this world wishing it all a bad dream she want to wake up from.

Shweta, her husband and jiya came to live with them after Mr. Sahay discharged from the hospital and helped Mr. and Mrs.Sahay in their grieve.
Once or twice Shweta tried to talked to Meera but got disappointed not able to get any response and left trying.

In these three days Mrs Sahay's distant behaviour turned to hatred towards Meera blaming her responsible for the death of her son and grandson and assured Mr Sahay the same.

Next day when Meera finally came out of her room and sat to eat food on the dining table Mrs Sahay taunted her for being irresponsible and for not even using Sahay's surname on her documents as there was problem for the same in death certificate and this made Meera feel guilty and she went back to her room leaving the food untouched.
In her room Meera thought atleast her Shweta di would stand for her but then she remembered that Shweta's face hinted the same and Meera knew that her life can never be the same.

Two days later jiya had a program in her school and Shweta and Pranav(her husband) being at work couldn't pick her up and due to the program the bus wasn't on duty so Meera was going to pick her up.
It was very hot in the afternoon and there was no auto available so she walked for about half an hour and came near a stop. Looking at her watch she knew it took her long time so thought to call Shweta to inform about her delay but found her phone forgotten at home.
After sometime she got an auto and went to pick jiya only to know that jiya already left.
Coming back to home she thought to inform Shweta about it when Shweta asked her loudly.. "Where were you ? Didn't you ask me that you wanted to pick jiya up ? So why didn't you?"
Hearing the loud voice everyone gathered in the living and then Meera replied... "Sorry di actually It was really hot weather and didn't get an auto for half an hour so I walked and came to know that I forgot my phone at home and then I went to school to know that jiya already left."
"You forgot your phone how irresponsible can you be ?" Yelled her mummy ji.
"Did you know what happened when you didn't reach on time to pick jiya...? She waited and was alone so went out of the school and asked a man to call her father and Pranav brought her home thank God he was a good man what would've we done if he wasn't? Answer me Meera your one silly mistake would've cost me my child's life" said Shweta.
"I'm sorry di pls I wouldn't ever repeat it pls forgive me di sorry jiju, sorry jiya...."Meera cried asking for forgiveness of her mistake.
"Get out of my house!! You cost me my son, and grandson's life I wouldn't wait for anyone else" yelled Mrs Sahay getting enraged on her and went to Meera's room.
Putting her clothes in a suitcase and threw it out of her house and dragged Meera out of the house not hearing any of her pleas.
"Please mummy ji where would I go I'm sorry pls forgive me" said Meera begging for forgiveness.
"Go to hell for all I care and never come back!!" Said Mrs Sahay and closed the door on her face.
Leaving distressed Meera crying on her helplessness.

Word count: 1000
What do you think about Meera's mistake was it justified?
What do you think Meera will do next and most importantly where would she go?
Hint: the first person we all call too in need of a help.
Read more to find out.
Pls vote and comment if you like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!