Chapter 40 Passing Days

Meera's POV

Today I had thought to give my passion a try as he encouraged me yesterday after the dinner I know I missed it and so here I am after Sejal is gone and Yash is asleep and me with a pencil and paper trying to think what to draw.
Suddenly yesterday morning's incident flashed in my mind when I was too hungry so without waiting for him I was having my breakfast as I cooked and he entered the living room in an instant and I was shocked looking at him as he was bare chested with a towel on top and his hairs wet from shower and I knew I was caught staring and choked covering it with a cough I looked another way until he went from there.
Unknowingly I drew him the way he looked yesterday and got shocked by my skills it was still good then I realised what I just did and quickly hid it in one of my reading books.

He came in the evening and looked a little tired so I made him coffee and went to him.
"Here you looked a little tired so I made it for you" I said giving the cup to him.
"Thank you Meera" he said and took it.
I heard Yash cry so I went to him.
It seemed he just wanted to cuddle and sleep in my lap.

Days had started to pass and it was only two weeks until Neha's marriage I was happy for her as she had called me beforehand and told me that I'll have to go with her for her shopping.

These days I saw Karan sir looking more stressed I had tried to ask him but he said just the pressure of work as the school had arranged an interschool debate competition.

Hearing it I knew it was stressful for him as our school had always been competitive.
I too remembered I used to take part in debate competitions all the time but stopped in the last years as I had the board exams and wanted to achieve good scores.
And also because going further in that meant to go to other schools that were situated in other cities which my parents were opposed to.

In the evening I got a call from Neha.
"Hey Meeru I hope you remember you are going to accompany me to my shopping spree for marriage?" She asked.
"Yes Neha I remember don't worry I'll go with you" I said not to worry about her.
"Ok so be ready tomorrow morning at 10 am ok?" She said to me.
"Tomorrow? We are going tomorrow for your shopping?" I asked.
"Yes and we can directly meet in the store ok ? I'll message you the address"  She replied.
"Ok then I'll be ready you take care bye."
"Bye" she replied and we both hung up.

So tomorrow I'll be busy thinking I went to do my work.

In the evening,
Karan sir came back and at dinner time I thought to ask him about going shopping with Neha tomorrow as it was a weekday I couldn't just go like that.

At Dinner,

Sir I wanted to ask you something I said to him.
"Yeah what is it?" He asked me.
"Actually Neha's marriage date is coming closer and she wanted me to accompany her for shopping."
"Oh yes sorry I almost forgot it nice" saying he nodded.
"Umm...so today she called me and informed me that tomorrow in the morning we are going to go shop for her so I wanted to ask you if I could go I mean tomorrow is a weekday and I won't just leave Yash."
"Meera you can go as I have been busy a lot nowadays so I have taken a leave tomorrow don't worry Yash will be with me" he said make me sigh in relief.
"Thank you so much sir but do you mean that the debate competition is over?" I asked him.
"Yes it is and our school got the second position it isn't bad as the other school did really great." He said informing me.
"So this time other schools came to our school for the competition or what?" I asked him.
"Yeah they came to our school by the way this reminds me why you never took part in such"  He asked me.
"Actually I always took part in the debate competition....." He looked confused hearing me.
"It's just when you joined our school it was time for me to focus more on my studies as the boards were there so my parents were opposed to the idea hence you didn't see me taking part in them."
He nodded hearing me.
Before he could ask me about my parents I quickly stood up taking my now finished plate and went to the kitchen as I didn't want to answer about it.
I think he forgot about it and didn't bring up my parents at all and after the dinner I was in the living room with my book trying to read as he was making it difficult for me with his constant staring at me.

After half an hour I stood up and took the bottles from the kitchen I went to my room and I pumped milk in it for Yash.
And kept it back in the kitchen and saw he was still there but now  busy on his phone.
So I just went to Yash who was sleeping in the cot and picked him and hugged and kissed his forehead like I do everyday before going to bed but as I kept Yash back there and turned I saw he was now completely looking at me I thought is there something on my face but it was nothing and said "Goodnight sir" and without waiting for his response I quickly made my way to my room.
Just as I was going to shut my door I heard him say "Good night Meera" in a very quiet voice.
In the room I freshened up and got ready for bed I was still in the nursery room I quite liked it as the thought of going back to the guest room never occurred back and he didn't say anything either.
But that doesn't mean he has no problem with me living in this room he might not like it as this room was for Yash thinking I slept.

Word count:1060
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!