Chapter 7 Unknown Link

Entering the gates she saw an old lady who was trying to lift some things but couldn't because of her age so she went to help her and saw she was her Asha aunty who helped her a lot when she was studying in the school.

"Namaste Asha aunty pehchana?"
Asked Meera.

Hearing the soothing voice Asha ji turned to find a woman clad in saree but the innocence on her face reminded her of the young girl who she could never forget , who sat with her during breaks when she was alone , called her aunty unlike everyone else and looking at her after a long time she got surprised.
"Meera meri bachi kaisi hai tu?" asked Asha ji.
"Mai thik hu aunty aap kaise ho?"
Replied Meera.
"Mera kya hona hai main ab bhi yahi hu jaise pehle thi bas thodi budhi ho gyi hu" said Asha ji.
"Aap aur budhi ho hi nhi sakta aap toh meri choti behn lagti ho" said Meera cheering her.
"Chal badmash... Tu bata akeli aayi hai shadi hui bache hai?" Asked Asha ji unknown of the fact she just gave a rise to the pain in her heart.
Hearing the question the smile on Meera's face vanished reminding her the of the loss she went through.
"Meera.. beta kya hua?" Asked Asha ji.
"Kuch nhi Aunty aap ki kuch madad kar du?" Asked Meera trying to change the topic.
"Nahi nahi sab ho gya hai mujhe kuch kaam hai mai aati hu" saying Asha ji went leaving her with her thoughts.
Her mind started wandering about the possibilities if they would have been here or Ashish wouldn't have allowed them to come because of her and baby's health.
They would've been here together as a family.
Never thought I'd be here instead of being with my family....

'Family' do you even have one? My mind mocked me... I would've if the last week of my life never existed.

After stepping into the same gates of the school once I loved to walk in everyday...damn nostalgia started hitting me really hard..

Only to know I'm an hour early to the reunion I came for.

"Excuse me?" I turn around only to find a woman in staff uniform looking at me with something in her hands.
Wait! Not something is that a baby?? 'Baby' this word made a really bad void in my heart.

Coming out of my world I reply
"Yes?"
"Can you please handle this little guy for a while I have some urgent work."
She asked me.
Looking at her stressed face I thought to help her out rather than being bored doing nothing. I said "of course."
Handing me the baby she went to another direction.Watching this baby sleeping with nothing but innocence on his face just made my day a lot better.
Looking at this little baby my world stopped thinking it would've been like this holding a precious little human creature filled with love and innocence with no worry in the world.
Cradling the little baby my eyes took me to the same wing of the classroom where I made some best memories of my life. Didn't know when my feet started walking and came to a stop.
And found myself and this little baby in front of it.

Entering the classroom my eyes wandered to the bench of the third row where I made some hilarious memories. Walking there and sitting just when I started reminiscing it.
Suddenly I felt something on my heavy breasts looking at it I saw the precious baby latching on it.
Making my eyes water my mind again started to think about it. I stopped and thought to call the woman but I couldn't see her anywhere out in the hallway. Little guy started latching on me again after a long 10 minute I took him back inside and thought to feed him. I don't have anyone to feed and this baby doesn't have anyone to get fed by. Thinking after some time I opened the hook of my blouse and slided the strap of one shoulder off and the little guy without any delay latched on me.
Somehow I felt an unknown connection with the little baby.
Maybe because of feeding him. Getting to know the feeling of feeding a baby for the first time.
Feeding the little baby my heart swelled up remembering the pain in my chest.

After some time I heard the door opening, thinking it might be that woman putting just the pallu of my saree on the baby and my chest I turned only to come across the person never in my life I thought to see again......not in this situation atleast!!!

Looking at his face she was surprised to find him still looking the same with those glasses that were the very first thing she noticed when she saw him for the first time.
(Damn those glasses still made him look so sexy... Sexy really? What are you thinking Meera she scolded her subconscious.)

"What are you doing here and why do you have my son?" She heard him speak.
"I...I...." stuttered Meera unable to form a word still in a trance of seeing him after five years.
"What I? Give him to me" saying he started coming closer to her.
"Wait!!" She exclaimed and turned around making his cheeks and ears turn red.

Word count:900
The wait is finally over.
So here he is what do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote , comment and share if you like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!