Chapter 45 Confront You

Next Day, Karan was getting late but Meera didn't come out from her room as she still felt bad that he didn't even come back to talk to her so having no choice Karan left without saying anything to her as he had to go take his car too.

Meera was feeling strange from yesterday when the unknown woman dropped Karan home and thought to talk to Neha.

After Sejal was done and went from the house and Yash was asleep she thought to call her and dialed her number.

"Hey Meeru what's up?" Asked joyous Neha.
"Hi Neha can I talk to you now I mean are you busy in the office now?" Asked Meera worrying if she hadn't called her at the wrong time.
"No no I have taken a leave from the office you tell me what happened?" Neha asked back.
"Actually............."
Meera started and told Neha everything about her and Karan's situation and now about her strange feelings from yesterday after seeing that unknown woman.

To say Neha was shocked was an understatement as this was the first time Meera told her about the dynamics about her and Karan sir and how close they had become she thought.
She knew Meera very well about her insecurities and overthinking which could make her lose the happiness coming her way so she advised her.

"Meeru you told me that you didn't like Karan sir with that woman right?" Asked Neha.
"Yes" answered Meera in a low voice.
"Then would you be okay if it was some other woman?" asked Neha.
Hearing this question Meera thought about it but didn't like it at all so answered "Nooo I...mean" she tried to find an excuse but got stopped by Neha who said
"See right there you got your answer seems like my Meeru got a likability for "someone" uh?" Asked grinning Neha.
Meera got shocked by her response and denied it saying "No how can you say that Neha I don't have any likability for no one I have and will always love one man that is my Ashish so please don't say something like that again" said Meera getting angry on the thought and possibility.
Neha paused for a minute and said "calm down Meeru to love someone is a great feeling yes you can't love anyone else like you loved Ashish but think for a while Ashish would've liked you to get happiness again if not with him then without him and not stop it and ruin it before it could come to you. Wouldn't you have wanted the same if your roles would've reversed hmm?" "Would've you wanted him to spend his life alone and not letting anyone else in? I'm sorry if my words have caused you pain Meeru but sometimes it's just best to move on with the memories in your heart not everyone are lucky enough to have it. Call me when you make up your mind" saying Neha hung up leaving the disturbed Meera in thoughts.

In the evening when Karan came back she behaved like everyday forgetting about the incident and noticed him, his behaviour and most of all him as an individual not just as an employer, a father but as a human.

It took her almost two days to figure it all out and when she did she thought to ask him at last about the lady and in the evening when he came after the dinner she convinced herself to ask as she was really nervous about his reaction would he tell her or brush it off and said "Sir if you don't mind can I ask you something?"
Karan was playing with Yash who was taking time to sleep and was looking at him with big eyes and said "Sure."
"Umm.... Three days ago you came back home with a woman who dropped you instead of your car....."
She paused thinking how to ask next but Karan thought that was it so he answered "Yes actually when I was coming back home my car broke down and she was kind enough to help me" and continued to play with Yash.
Meera nodded but stopped when he didn't say anything because she thought he would tell her about the woman so asked him
"It looked like you knew her I mean who would hug an unknown stranger?" unable to control the bitterness in her voice.
Hearing her Karan stopped playing with Yash and took his time and looked at her but by that time Meera already regretted asking him about it and when she didn't hear any answer she felt bad for asking such questions to him and said
"I..I didn't mean anything please forget I asked you anything and it's not my business sorry I don't know what came over me you don't have to explain anything to me."
And she got up and moved to go to her room but Karan was fast and he quickly kept Yash in the cot on the way and entered her room before she could shut him out and pulled her in his arms.
"You can't just do that and run off pretending nothing happened ok" said Karan.
"But......"
"No but it's my turn now please" said Karan.
Meera nodded in response unable to say anything due to their closeness.
"She was Naina my college friend she was passing by and saw me and helped me out and she's a hugger I'm sorry I didn't stop her please don't say it's not your business because it is and if anytime you want to ask me something please just do don't wait for days to ask and I'm sorry for not telling you about it beforehand" he said.
"It's fine sir you don't have to explain anything to me I'm just your son's nanny, I'm sorry I will not ask again" said Meera not wanting to take it further and tried to go but Karan stopped her again and leaned in closer and said
"You're not just my son's nanny Meera you are much more than that to me get that I don't know what but you're not just a nanny to me, never have been."
And he went to his room and locked himself in making her shocked by his words.

Word count:1050
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!