Chapter 5 New Day

Soon they reached infront of the hostel gates , Neha knew the owner and she had talked to the hostel owner on the way and took the key from the warden who met them and filled the required information in the file.

In the room.....
"Meera you can call me and come to my home anytime you want I'm still not happy that you chose to stay in a hostel instead of my house" said upset Neha.
"Neha it's fine it's a women's hostel there's a guard and the lady warden seemed nice I won't have any problem here" replied Meera trying to assure Neha.
"Fine if you say so.....but call me if you have any problem ok?" Asked Neha.
"Ok now go your parents would be worried it's getting late" replied Meera looking at her watch.
"Ok good night take care I'll come tomorrow ok?" Asked Neha walking to the door of the room towards the hostel gates.
"Goodnight and ok" said Meera waving at her friend who was now at the gate of the hostel.
Coming back to her room Meera observed the interior of the room the light blue paint on the wall had been faded, the single bed looked clean with the bedsheet spread on it , the table beside the bed had a lamp with a chair across it. And the cupboard had a mirror on it. Looking at it , it was good enough for a person to live.
Thinking of going to freshen up she came to know there was a common washroom across the hallway and went there and freshened up and came to her room and layed on the bed thinking about the ache in her heart which was still fresh and didn't know when sleep took over.

Next morning , she came to know there was only one girl except her in the hostel living in the room beside her named Kavita who was working in a nearby coaching centre part-time and preparing for govt. exam as other girls who lived here before had some job opportunities and shifted for the same. Around 8 am when Neha came to her room she asked her "don't you have to go office?" Neha replied "I took a leave so what?"
"You didn't have to take a leave for me Neha" said Meera thinking about how because of her Neha's routine had been disturbed.
"I didn't have to but I wanted to yaar living in the same city we met after a long time and I wanted to spend some time with you my Meeru now stop sulking and tell me did you have your breakfast?" asked Neha trying to change the topic.
"No did you ?" Asked Meera
"No so get ready we're going to have breakfast outside and chill for the day" said cheered Neha planning to have fun for the day.
"Ok but I want to look for a job as I want to be independent again" said worried Meera.
"Ok we'll look for that too don't worry get ready pls don't tell me you're going out in a saree" asked Neha.
"Why not?" Asked Meera as she had no other choice.
"Are you comfortable in it because we're going to be walking and all you know" asked Neha.
"I am and also I don't have any other choice after my marriage I had only worn sarees and I'm used to it now because my in-laws didn't really approve of salwar suits or Kurtis they thought a married woman should only wear sarees and jeans and all were not even a question" replied Meera about her in-laws perception.
"What but we are going to buy you some salwar suits or kurtis they shouldn't have an influence on what you should or shouldn't  wear yaar" said Neha shocked from the information.
"Fine I'll buy when I get a job for now these can do ok you wait I'll take my purse and then we'll leave" saying Meera kept all the necessary things in her purse.
After she took her purse both of them went to a restaurant to have breakfast.

After the breakfast Neha took Meera to some companies around the hostels to enquire about the job for her but didn't get positive response as many companies already hired the same which disappointed Meera.
To cheer Meera , Neha took her to the mall to which Meera refused but Neha convinced her saying they'll look for herself not Meera.

In the mall......

When they were looking for some Kurtis for Neha they heard a baby cry and looked at a woman with a baby trying to stop her from crying and heard it stop after some minutes.
Meera picked a nice kurti for Neha and turned to her to show her and said "see Neha this will look really good on you."
Neha had her back towards Meera as she was looking at some other options listening to Meera she turned and saw Meera's saree had shifted a little bit and the blouse had some spot on her breasts and said in her ear "Meera there's something on your breasts there."
Meera quickly looked down and saw she was leaking and covered it with saree and ran off to the washroom with Neha behind her.
In the washroom Neha asked her "what happened" and Meera replied "as you know I was pregnant and mothers lactate post pregnancy but in my case it'll take some time to stop as I don't have my baby to feed" with tears in her eyes.
"Hearing a baby cry it just leaks and that's what happened when we heard that baby I leaked and spotted on the clothes" explained Meera.
"Ohh...I...I don't know what to say I'm sorry Meeru" said Neha hugging her bestfriend who was in tears due to the pain of losing her baby.
After hugging each other for some time they went back to the mall.
Eating something on the way they went back to Meera's hostel.
Neha's mother called her home due to some work but she refused as she wanted to spend some more time with Meera but Meera convinced her otherwise and she bid her friend goodbye and went her home.

Changing and freshening up she slept tired with all the activities of the day.

Word count:1055
So how did you'll like the story so far?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote and comment if you like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!