Chapter 41 Going Shopping

Next morning, Meera woke up on her usual time and after feeding Yash and keeping the bottles for the same she got ready.
In the living room,
She saw Karan sir drinking tea looking out the balcony because he didn't really get a lot of chances to have a break so when he did he made sure to enjoy one.

Meera went to the kitchen and saw he had already cooked the breakfast and it was poha she didn't say it to him but it was her favourite thing to have for breakfast.
So she took it in a plate and had it at the dining table.
Karan's tea had been finished so he was going to keep the cup in the kitchen but stopped looking at Meera who was delightfully having the breakfast made by him he even heard her say "Everyone should get a cook like him his cooking is so delicious" and devoured it.
Karan got amused listening to her and sat across her on the dining table making her shocked by her presence who was hoping he didn't just hear what she said.
"Had I known you like my cooking this much I would have made it everyday for you" said Karan.
Meera quickly gulped her food and said "No It's just Poha is my favourite thing to have for breakfast."
"Hmm.... So my cooking has nothing to do with it" said Karan getting upset.
"No no you are an amazing cook in fact you are my favourite cook after my mother" said Meera not wanting him to get upset.
Karan was shocked hearing her as he was just teasing her but knowing she really liked food made by him made him feel really good.
"It's fine I was just teasing you but it's nice to know that you really like my cooking huh" said Karan grinning.
Meera was amazed by him she never thought he would tease her like this and now when she thinks what she just said made her blush and she looked down in an attempt to hide it from him and said "Yeah I'm getting late I'll just go" and picking up her now empty plate she rushed to the kitchen.
Karan just sat there looking at her fading figure smiling at the moment they just shared.

Meera's POV

Oh God I might get late I thought looking at the time it was now 9 am but I have to reach the store directly and it might take time I am not ready yet.
I checked myself in the mirror and took my hair tie and kept it in my purse then I checked my purse again to know if I had taken everything.
I think I got everything and stealing one last look in the mirror I made my way out of the room.
"Ok sir I'm leaving" I said to him who was busy watching news on tv.
"Yeah ok bye take care" he said.
I just nodded and pecking the sleeping Yash I came out of the house.
I quickly hailed a taxi as the store was at quite a distance and on my way I just admired the bustling of the traffic.
I didn't know what to say back as it was very different feeling to hear someone asking me to take care of myself because all my life I was the one who did it for others.
Nobody had asked me to take care of myself and to just hear it from him made me feel something I couldn't name it.

Soon I reached the destination and after paying the fair I saw it was a really big showroom of traditional wear.
I didn't see Neha anywhere so called her and she told me they are inside so I too went inside.

There I saw Neha with her mother and another elderly aunty and a young girl in her teens.
"Hey Meeru" saying Neha spotted me and hugged me and took me to others.
I knew Neha's mom for a long time I was happy to meet her so I quickly touched her feet as she was too an orthodox.
She smiled at me and asked "Meera how are you I haven't seen you in years?"
Before I could say anything Neha distracted her saying that the lady who came with them was calling her from another side and listening to her Neha's mom quickly went there.
"Meeru I haven't told anything to my parents about you and you know if I did they'll not let me interact with you" said Neha.
"Yeah that's good and it's fine by the way tell me who's the lady and the young girl?" I asked her.
"Oh she's his mother and my soon to be mother in law and the young girl is his sister and my soon to be sister in law" she replied.
"Ohh ok" I said nodding my head after hearing the newfound information.
"Come let's go otherwise mummy won't let me choose" saying Neha dragged me too look for her options.

It's almost been two hours and Neha still hasn't selected her wedding attire like really she has already taken so much time to select different outfits for different functions come on Neha make up your mind I thought looking at her who was busy and told the saleswoman to show other options.

"Do you have other options?" Asked Neha to the saleswoman.
"Umm... Let me check" saying she went to check.
"By now she would have laid out all the options available in the store Neha choose quickly" said Neha's mother.
"No no take your time Neha beta" said her soon to be mother in law shutting up Neha's mother.
"Yes Bhabhi don't settle for less" encouraged her soon to be sister in law.
Hearing them and noticing their behaviour I could say Neha was blessed to have such in law's and I prayed to God in my mind for her happiness.

After another three trials Neha had finally selected her attire and I was glad she got her outfit because I could understand what it meant for her. I too wanted to have a big wedding and select different outfits for different functions but the situation didn't let me and I wore my mother's saree on my wedding with Ashish in the temple as my family didn't really approve it.

I reached home back in the evening and still the jewellery shopping had been left so Neha and aunty had told me in advance to be there for it when they will go to buy it they'll inform me.

After the tiresome day I was glad that sir had already made the dinner and we had it quietly and it didn't take me too long to sleep as the tiredness wore me off.

Word count:1030
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!