Chapter 67 Upto Me

Meera's POV

Next Day,

I woke up feeling really happy I don't know why though and went to do the usual routine.
I was cooking breakfast and heard Yash so switching off the gas I went to his room after knocking as I thought he must be getting ready but when I got no response I went inside to find only Yash on the bed and so taking him in my arms I came out of his room.

He must've been in the washroom I thought while going to my room to feed Yash.
When he was done I went back to the kitchen keeping him in his cot. And continued making the breakfast which was left.
Today I thought to make his favourite as he did so much for me yesterday a smile came on my face thinking about yesterday's night and my hand went to the necklace on my neck.

In some time he came all dressed up for his work when I was setting up the table for breakfast.
Good morning he said to me.
Good morning I greeted back to him.
And we both sat to have the breakfast.
Wow thank you for this Meera it's been long since I had this he said looking at the aloo paratha in front of him.
Actually I made it for you I said slowly.
Listening to me he looked at me in surprise.
You had done so much for me yesterday I wanted to thank you for all of it I said not looking at him. I was getting nervous don't know why.
Meera he called out I looked at him.
I did it because I wanted to celebrate with you that we had sorted everything out and that our friendship became stronger I guess and you don't need to thank me for it hm? He said looking in my eyes.
Hmm I replied not able to think properly as his black orbs were looking at my brown ones.
And we finished our breakfast together I couldn't help but look at him. How? How did he always manage to make me feel these intense emotions.

He cleared his throat and got up going towards the kitchen with his empty plate and then he went to his room this made me stop staring at him.
I too got up and took my plate to the kitchen.
In some time he was ready to go with his bag in one hand and brought his tiffin too.
Pecking on Yash's forehead he was going to go but turned back looking at me.
Bye Meera take care he said.
Yeah no worries I'll take care of him I replied nonchalantly.
He frowned at my response and came closer to me.
I meant take care of yourself Meera and not Yash because I know I don't have to worry a single bit about him when you are with him so bye and take care he said with a smile.
Bye was all I could muster back still in surprise as he always said bye but when he said take care I thought he was talking about Yash but he never fails to amaze me. And I watched him go.

Then the day continued like everyday Sejal came and she was shocked to find the decorated living room and asked me
Arey wah didi yeh sab ?
(Wow but why all this? )
Humne bas celebrate Kiya tha kal isliye.
(We had just celebrated yesterday that's why) I replied.
Acha acha badiya hai.
(Good good it's nice )
She said with a teasing smile.
Kya ? (What?) I asked her.
Kuch nhi yeh sajawat aur apki muskaan kuch aur keh rhi hai.
(Nothing this decoration and smile hints something else.)
She said.
(Yeh sab chodo aur chalo main tumhe kuch kaam de ti hu)
Leave this Sejal and come I'll give you some work
I said dragging her before she could interpret my blush with something else.

She didn't say anything else after it and was drowned in her work.
I thought to ask him before removing the decorations as he had put it all with his efforts if he didn't want to remove then it was fine. So I messaged him asking the same.
After a minute he replied that it was upto me. So I thought to keep it for a day or too maybe.

Soon the sun had set and he too came back home.
We were just drinking tea and talking about here and there when his phone rung it was on the dining table and he had Yash in his arms so I went to get it for him.

Taking the mobile from the dining table my eyes went to the caller's name it showed Naina.
I gave him the mobile and then again I thought about Naina I had heard it before I thought and tried to remember it.
Yes Naina the hugger how could I forget she was the one who hugged him and I got upset because of her.

Ok bye he said after the call which I didn't pay attention to as I was busy remembering her.
He smiled and shook his head looking at the phone.
Before I could ask him Yash woke up crying it was long since I had fed him so I took him and went to my room to feed him.

After the feeding I took him back and saw he was busy cooking I didn't stop him as he liked to cook and I loved food made by him and to pass my time I read a book. Then we had dinner silently and when I was going back he stopped me asking why did I still had the decorations on?
I wanted to keep it for a day or two I replied.
He nodded smiling and we went to our respective rooms to sleep the night off.

And next morning when he stood up to keep his plate in the kitchen I saw his mobile buzz and the screen showed the message that was sent by Naina which said Do something Karan I know you can help me please with a smile emoji.
I was thinking what it meant but came out of my trance when I saw him going back to his room probably to take his bag.
And he left saying bye take care just like yesterday.

The whole day my mind couldn't stop thinking what it meant but I stopped it saying why do I need to know.
He came in the evening and when we were having dinner he said Meera tomorrow on Sunday I have some work so I hope you don't mind looking after Yash.

Word count:1150
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!