Chapter 60 Anxious Of

Author's POV

Karan was shocked by her sudden movement she didn't even hear him out and he knew it was something else behind her reaction.
He just wanted her to follow her passion and achieve her dreams she is young and has her whole life before her rather than wasting her potential because of him.
So he went to her door to talk to her and sort this out. Knocking on her door he said 'Meera please open the door I just want to talk to you'.
I don't want to talk about anything she replied in a low voice but he heard it.
Come on Meera please you can talk and I'll listen hm? He asked.
No just leave me alone I need time she said making him realise he hurt her badly.
And went back to the place where all this happened and sat there thinking about their conversation.
She said Yash needed her just as she need him. He understood that Yash needed her but she needed him ? And thought what was his mistake and what made her react like this.
He said that she could leave anytime and then she asked him if he regretted giving her the job in response and she snapped and went. It was anything but true.

The whole afternoon he had tried to pacify her to talk to him but she wanted time so he was giving her that and didn't say anything when she came out of her room and they had lunch together.
He didn't want to upset her more than he already did so he had kept mum even after it.

After the lunch she went to her room but came back when she heard Yash crying and taking him with her she went to her room. Feeding Yash she felt calm after the storm that had just passed through them. She knew she might have overreacted but she couldn't admit it and thought about the talks she heard yesterday during Neha's Sangeet.

'She looks so young and naive he deserves someone mature who is of his age and who has elegance to match him.' A girl said.

'Yes they look so odd together.' Another girl agreed.

She knew she shouldn't dwell on such talks but couldn't help it when she remembered her whom Adi asked him about she was everything that he deserved unlike her who couldn't even stand up for herself.
So when he told her about how he saw the sketches she was embarrassed about what he would think about her and when he continued he said that he shouldn't have come in her way but it was anything but that so she said.

But when he said that she could leave anytime she wanted it hurt her thinking he regretted giving her the job so she asked but she couldn't bear to hear his answer.
What if he too didn't want her and he'd ask her to leave yes he was a gentleman but he might have changed his mind or she herself made him do so.
She said to Neha that she didn't feel anything for him but unknowingly he started to make her feel something and she could not bear to feel that hurt again.

The first time she felt it was on their farewell when she heard that conversation.

(Flashback to the farewell)

After the dance performance Divya asked Meera if she could go to bring her phone from the classroom where she forgot it and Meera complied to help when she saw Neha dragging Divya to the other side.

Going towards the classroom walking in the hallway she heard someone talking she didn't mean to pry but her feet stopped when she heard him saying those three words to someone on the phone.
She thought it might be his family or friends but his next words denied that thought in no time.

"I told you I love you don't make me propose you to marry me at least not again. It was a one time thing which you made fun of a thousand times already."
He spoke with a hint of a smile on his face.

Meera saw him secretly and she saw that in his eyes words could be wrong but his eyes it showed what exactly she wanted to see but for her and he had that glint that spark in his eyes what she had when she looked at him.
This was enough to make her understand that she was a pathetic girl thinking she had a chance with him. She wiped the tears that slipped out her eyes.
And left quietly from there to the classroom to retrieve Divya's phone. She was glad she came and heard it because her stupid self was planning to confess. She scoffed at her naivity.
And went back to the programme like nothing happened.
And when some friends asked her about her puffy eyes she reasoned it was the sadness of leaving the school. But her best friend knew better she was aware of the confession that was going to take place. It was her who asked her to confess at the first place.
And Neha regretted asking her something that broke her best friend's heart because of her when she came to know.

(Flashback ends)

She remembered it was always her just how stupid she was to think to have a chance with him for god sake not when she was six years younger than him. But at that time it didn't matter to her , nothing did and that led her to come to reality.
So when he asked to talk she was scared. Scared of the hurt she might experience again and this time it will not just hurt her but shatter her into pieces that she wouldn't be able to pick so she asked for some time in return thinking she'll take some time to brace herself and then face it.
With Ashish by her side she tried and locked everything that she felt for him in the corner of her heart. Ashish's cheerful personality made her see life like an adventure and she did forget everything or so she thought.
But living with him she got to know his personality and that lock opened unknown to her. With him she looked at life with a completely different angle and she was scared she liked it more than she should.

She felt a little hand on her chest and realised she spent too much time thinking that even little Yash was done feeding and looking at her with his innocence filled eyes. It was as if he was telling her he is there for her and even though she felt really bad losing Ashish and her baby she was grateful to God to make her meet Yash who was like a sunshine in her dark life. And he managed to shift her mood in no time so after burping him and trying to make him asleep she thought to check her phone.
She didn't receive any messages but saw the time and after sometime she thought to get ready as it would take her time and Neha would kill her if she wasn't on time.

Word count:1200
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!