Prologue

Ariana's POV.

I saw Derek climbing the tree with so much struggle. Me and Belle were waiting for him to pluck some fruits for us.

He was climbing and his foot slipped thankfully he managed to balance himself and gripped a branch before he fell.

"Come on brother..." Belle cheered him up and he again continued to climb.

He has got long legs compared to both of us. He was older than me and Belle He was fifteen and we were thirteen.

I was desperately waiting for him to climb up safely before anyone came. Aunt Jennifer would scold us if she saw Derek climbing so high on the tree. But it was exciting. Even I wanted to climb up but every time I tried I failed.

"Aana." His voice caught my attention and I looked up. He threw a flower at me and I catch it before it falls. It was beautiful.

I smiled at him and he smiled back. He threw some cherries and we collected all. He climbed on a fragile trunk and I stopped him, "Derek...don't go any further!" But he was so stubborn. Despite my warning, he still tried to go further.

As expected the branch broke. I saw his figure falling and I closed my eyes and all the berries fell from my hand in panic.

"Derek.!" I closed my eyes but I heard nothing.

When I opened my eyes I saw someone holding Derek protectively in his arms.

Derek was terrified too. When he opened his eyes he saw his elder brother Alaric holding him securely.

Thank God!

Derek stood up and he stood up too. He was taller than all of us. He looked at Derek and checked him properly if he was hurt.

"How many times! How many times I had to tell you to stop doing this kind of stunt" His voice sounded authoritative. I gulped down sensing his anger.

I bit my lips nervously.

"Brother Ric I'm fine! See I'm not hurt!" Derek said casually and he again scolded him for being careless.

"Did you finish your homework?" He asked and he shook his head. His gaze diverted to me and he raised his eyebrows at me asking the same," I finished it yesterday." I tried not to sound nervous.

"Three of you! In my room. Now." He said and I gulped down nodding.

When we were leaving I saw him picking up the berries from the ground.

We went straight to his room which was on the third floor straight on the left. I first room was for Derek and the second was for his elder brother. He was intimidating. He was strict and disciplined. A perfectionist I must say. His one look is enough for me to freeze in front of him. He scares me to death.

We all entered his room and my eyes immediately gravitated towards the family photo. Derek looked adorable. I couldn't help but smile.

I feel good when we hold hands. I saw Belle in his elder brother's arm. He was approximately four years older than Derek.

He and Derek are opposite. Derek is so calm, cool, and nice whereas he's intimidating, strict, and disciplined. I fear him a lot.

I can never forget to do his homework.

We sat on the bed and he came with a tray. It contained the cherries fresh and clean. Water droplets were resting on it making it tempting. My craving increased and I bit my lips to prevent drooling over the red cherries placed in front of us.

"You all can have cherries and then we'll begin with studies." He said and I mentally smiled. It doesn't dare to smile in front of him. He doesn't like any mischief during these two hours. And these two hours are the torturous hours of my life.