Chapter 55

I'm updating because I've got requests to update.

After this I'll update another chapter tomorrow in this month. Remaining parts will be updated after my exams.

The next update has a twist! You'll love that for sure.

Ariana's POV

He resembles her a little especially his forehead to nose part. Eye colour was different and her mother had button nose where as he's having sharp pointed straight nose.

I was looking at the photo frame and he was gone. I went behind him and saw him standing in the balcony looking at the oceanic waves.

I hugged him from back and he stiffened.

"I know you miss your mother." I uttered and he didn't replied anything,"If you want you can share it with me." He still didn't replied and I was feeling worried now.

"Ric." I hugged him tighter,"talk to me." His silence was scaring me.

He slowly turned and his eyes glistening with tears.

Without saying anything he went towards the door.

"Let's go back to Vincent Mansion. It's getting late. Everyone must be waiting for us." He held the door knob but I held his hand.

"Tell me. You can't run away from this all your life." I requested him. I took him inside the bedroom and made him sit.

"We all lost our loved ones at some point. It's okay. I've lost my dad too..." I hugged him and he hugged me back.

I rubbed his back. And heard a muffled sound. I broke the hug and looked at him in concern. I was worried for him. I held his face and a tear escaped his left eye.

I wiped it off. He removed my hand trying to stand up but I didn't let him.

"Sit here. Infront of me. I want to hear whatever it is in your heart. You can't break more stuff now. And it's okay. You can cry..." He bited his lips shaking his head.

He sniffed and his face turned red. He again tried to stood up but I sat on his lap straddling him. "I won't let you go today."

I held his jaw and asked him to share his grief with me. But he refused.

"Am I not worth knowing your pain? Don't you trust me?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I do but you don't have to know about all this it's of no use." I held his face with my both palm on his cheeks.

"It is. Tell me." He was silent for some moment.

"Mom died when I was four. She had a heart disease. Before she died she gave my custody to Jennifer mom." He told and I was confused.

Why didn't she talked to his dad?

"I'm sorry to interrupt but what about your dad?" I asked and his jaw hardened. He gritted his teeth. His already veins popped out as he clenched his fist.

"That worthless man never loved mom. I wasn't born out of love. I was a drunken mistake." He admitted bitterly. And I gasped. I hugged him roaming my hands in his hairs to make him calm.

I felt bad the way he said that he's a mistake. I wanted to calm him down. Take his pain and grief away from him.

"You're not a mistake. You're my everything. My happiness. Don't call yourself that..." I break the hug and looked at him.

"You're pure. Pious. And perfect." I told and he chuckled sarcastically. He looked at me and then smiled.

"I'm not! The man who is reason for my existence never loved me. He never wanted me." He groaned closing his eyes in anger and I asked,"How are you so sure? He's your father...maybe you misunderstood?" I explained and he laughed sarcastically.