Chapter 9

Ariana's POV

I was getting bored. Today Belle didn't came to college.

I was looking blankly at blackboard and tapping my pen on the bench.

I saw Mike coming towards me. He was my classmate and a flirt I must say. And also he was a good friend of mine. He was on leave till now for some short term course he was preparing.

He came towards me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Mannerless...shift aside." He said making a frowned face.

I chuckled and shifted on the left. He sat beside me and asked about Belle,"She wanted to stay at home today."

He looked at me and kept his palm on my hand,"Thanks God. Now I can spend some time with you." He said teasing me and i shook my head smiling at him. I took my hand back and focus on the blackboard.

The teacher started explaining. I jotted down her words. Meanwhile he was passing comments and I was trying to control my laugh.

Finally the lecture ended and i hit his arm.

"Jesus...stop these comments." I said and he started laughing.

I again hit his arm and he laughed harder. He pulled my cheeks so hard that it started paining,"ahhh...asshole." i said rubbing the area. I felt my cheeks turning red.

Suddenly i heard everyone greeting. I stood up too and greeted along with everyone.

It was his Lecture.

"Sit down all of you." He said and his eyes stopped at us. Particularly at the guy sitting beside me.

"Today we're going to study a new chapter..." he wrote down the name of the chapter on black board.

"Who's he?" He asked nudging me.

"BA Professor Alaric Vincent!"

He started explaining theory and Mike was constantly blabbering some or the other thing. I looked at sir and then him. He was still talking nonsense. I squeezed his hand and signal him to keep his mouth shut.

"You...stand up." He said to Mike and he looked left and right for assurance,"yes black shirt you!" He said strictly and he stood up.

"What's your name?" He sounded serious.

"Mike Timberlake."

"Ok Mr.Timberlake is it your first lecture? Cause I've never seen you before." He asked folding his arms proudly on his masculine chest,"hnnn?" He raised his eyebrows at him.

"I was on leave. This is my first lecture." He replied and sir said,"That's why you were talking like this! Because you don't know rules of sitting in my class." He heaved and continued,"I don't like repeating myself. You can ask your classmates about the rules. For now I want you to keep your mouth shut." He scolded him strictly. He looked at Mike as if he's disturbed.

Mike sat down and rolled his eyes at him,"Don't be disrespectful." I said to him and he scoffed.

"Why do you care?" He asked casually drawing something on his notebook.

"He's Belle's elder Brother!" I said and his neck snapped at me with a sudden jerk.

"Damn how didn't i noticed his surname! She'll again punch me if she got to knew this." He said laughing.

I remember the time they both were arguing and Belle punched him in the face and he had a black eye.

I came out of my thoughts when i felt him tracing his fingers on my right arm to my elbow and it continued to my wrist and he interwined his fingers with mine.