Chapter 34

Ariana's POV.

Days were passing and no trace of him. I was so fed up of waiting and waiting. He had tried to call so many times but I replied none.

That fifteen days turned into a whole month and my anger grew stronger against him. He's so bad. I'll never talk to him. I won't forgive him for making me wait so much.

I was as sitting on the dining table along with everyone.

I served myself some chicken rigies and Rodrigo chuckled,"What did you thought Ariana?"

"What you mean? About what?" I asked politely and he again chuckled. He looked at his plate and took a bite of his meal.

"You thought after marrying Alaric your life will be changed for good. Isn't it?" He asked and i couldn't say anything. Honestly I never thought about it earlier but now i know it has indeed.

"Ofcourse that's why she got married to him." Grandma taunted and i felt irked. I gulped down my anger and kept silent like always. I don't feel like answering them.

Grandma glared at me and I asked.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows and she said,"you knew about Scarlett right." I shook my head and saw Rodrigo staring at me.

"Ofcourse she knew." He snarled and i kept quite. I didn't wanted another drama.

In past one year they didn't even talked about her once what happened to them suddenly?

"What you thought we wouldn't find out anything?" He scoffed and i continued to eat,"you helped her isn't it?" I looked at him,"no...why would I?"

"Ofcourse because you didn't wanted her to get married to Alaric." He accused and mom stood up,"stop it. Scarlet escaped and you're blaming her seriously? You should be questioning Scarlett!" She uttered angrily and he and grandma exchanged glances. They look pissed. They can't do anything except for yelling and shouting.

"You know Ariana you're good for nothing...trust me when I say this." He laughed evilly and mom clenched her teeth.

"You couldn't make Derek fall for you and now after marrying Alaric you're still living like a normal girl. I mean no changes in your life except for his surname beside your name. Didn't you think that in last one year why didn't he tried to contact you? Why didn't he tried to meet you?" His words were making me feel bad but i know he's only manipulating me.

It was me who didn't tried to talk to him. Many times I've felt that he wants to talk but I had always avoided him thinking he must be happy with his girlfriend. And now when I know he doesn't have anyone in his life except me i feel happy.

He does care for me.

"Have you ever thought why he didn't took you with him?" He asked and i thought about it,"because he doesn't need you. Infact nobody needs you." His words pierced my heart when i already knew he just wants to hurt me.

Seeing me happy isn't something he can't afford,"You're just an extra baggage in this house. See even your husband isn't interested in you." My heart broke. An extra baggage! Really?

"Enough Rodrigo." Mom yelled and he rolled his eyes.

"Tell me if I'm wrong. Nobody cares for her. Not even Alaric. If he wanted he would have took her to his mansion but he didn't. I didn't even had to try." He stood up leaving me all shattered with his words.

I came in my room and cried. Rodrigo is such a wicked person. I hate him. Today his words affected me a lot.

Does Alaric actually doesn't care for me? But he already told me that he's waiting for my studies to complete.