Chapter 29

Alaric's POV.

I closed my eyes thinking about that.

I cupped her cheeks and looked at her lovingly. Her frame was so small so was her face. My palm was covering major portion of her face.

She stirred a little and slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes widen when she saw me. she immediately sat down on her bed. She looked at the door and her expressions changed.

"You here?" She got startled.

"Calm down." She shook her head,"Rodrigo will be so mad if he found you here." She tried to stood up but i didn't let her. I held her hand and made her sit infront of me.

"Listen to me. I want to talk to you." I held her hand firmly and she looked at my face all scared. 

I wanted to hug her tight but I don't know how will she react. I heaved and kept all my thoughts aside,"I don't know how are you feeling. This marriage and this sudden change in your life was unexpected but I did all this just to protect you from your wicked father knowing you're somehow committed he won't cross his limits." I explained and she was looking at our hands without saying anything. She looked at my face and nodded.

"If he says anything or raise his hands on you plzz don't be quiet. I want you to fight for yourself. I'll handle the rest." She looked at me and her expressions changed a bit. I know there's a turmoil inside her. But she won't share it with me.

"I know you need sometime to accept this reality that we are married but I won't pressurize you to accept it as your fate. It's up to you. I'll always respect your decision Aana." I gulped down and caressed her face lovingly. I don't know her emotions for me but i surely didn't wanted her to stay away from me even for a moment. I squeezed her hand. I was feeling desperate for her. To have her and to hold her for the rest of my life.

But I don't want to force her until she makes her mind.

"How dare you?" I heard his father raging behind me. I turned back and saw his father growling at me.

"As you know," I turned towards her and looked at her face then turned towards him again, "you've my wife as your daughter so I came here to see her." I shoved my hand inside my pocket and took some steps towards him. He took some steps behind and i smirked.

"You're no one to her. She's only my daughter." He growled again and that annoyed me. His words were making me lose my mind.

"Well nobody wants your approval she's nineteen already. She can take her own decision." I scoffed at him and he clenched his teeth.

He looked at her angrily and i grabbed his collar,"Don't you dare look at her that way. If you hurt her i swear i myself don't know what I'll do with you." I looked at her she was standing behind me. I turned towards her,"I'll see you. Take care." She looked Rodrigo and then at me. She nodded slowly and i glared at Rodrigo.

"See you soon father in law." I teased and he clenched his jaw.

"Ric." I came out of my thoughts when I heard dad's voice. I opened my eyes.

Staying away from her was no less than a torture for me. I looked at him and he give me a file.

"Where are you lost?" He asked and i shook my head.

Thinking about my wife....

I smiled at him and he told me his plans and suggestions  for upcoming projects. Which i hardly paid attention on. My mind was fogged with her.

I should talk to her. If she really wants to continue this marriage or not? If she loves Derek then I won't interfere in her life. I will try to stay away from her but I doubt about it. I'm not capable of it. I can't stay away from her.