Chapter 67

Ariana's POV

The sun's rays were falling on my face. I hid my face in his neck but it was still disturbing me a lot.

"Ric..." I complained and he turned towards me on his side and I hid my face in his chest.

"Wake up..." He shook me but I hugged him tight. I was feeling so tired and weak.

I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me. I kissed his lips and he kissed me back, "Good morning." I hugged him again.

"Don't you wanna go home?" I shook my head and he chuckled.

"Is my baby tired?" He asked and I nodded lightly, "You made me tired." He chuckled hard and pulled me closer from my waist.

His phone began to ring but I didn't leave him. His arms feel so good around mine.

"I need to attend the call." I shook my head. He stretched his arm and reached for his phone.
He talked and I stood up from the bed.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I was looking like a mess. I changed my clothes and noticed so many new marks on my neck and cleavage.

I came back home. He had gone directly to the office because of work.

As soon as I opened the door of my room, there was some parcel kept on the bed. I realized about the date he planned for us.

Thinking about the date a smile formed on my lips. I took it and changed into it.

It was a beautiful black dress ending on my thighs. I realized that I'd gained weight. My cheeks were fuller and this dress seemed a little tight around my bust and hips.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Gorgeous. I smiled looking at myself.

Wearing accessories I did some light makeup and felt my head spinning. I immediately sat on the edge of the bed clutching my head. I was feeling weak because I hadn't eaten anything since morning.

I grabbed my phone and called Alaric but he didn't pick up.

The ring of the doorbell caught my attention hoping to see him I immediately opened the door but it wasn't him, and my smile faded. A beautiful bouquet of orchid flowers was forwarded in front of me, my hand reached for it and I read with lots of love for my lifeline.

There was an address written on it along with the note.

My eyes stopped at the car waiting for me. The one who gave me the bouquet mumbled," thThisay Mrs. Vincent."

Excitement along with nervousness bubbled inside me. He dropped me at the location. 

The date was planned near a poolside area. The decoration and everything was wonderful, the golden lights were awesome. I felt weird when I didn't find him there. Looking at my watch I sat on the chair and looked at the empty chair in front of me. He was supposed to be here. Where is he?

I waited for him but he didn't come. Half an hour turned into an hour but there was no trace of him. The ticking of my wristwatch was now irritating me. Every tick was like a mock that he didn't come and I've been waiting here for him like a fool.

Disappointment spread all over me. My eyes were ready to shed tears as I again dialed his number for the fifth time  As expected he didn't pick up.

I sighed when I heard footsteps. Preparing myself to scold him in every possible way I turned towards him. My eyes welled up waiting for him for more than an hour but it wasn't him. My heart dropped and I closed my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked wiping my tears when I saw Derek instead of my husband. This can't be more embarrassing.

"I came here for a meeting but got to know that you've been waiting for more than an hour."
His words broke me more and the tears automatically which I had been trying to suppress for a long time. And I again thought.