Chapter 60

Ariana's POV.

I was about to lose consciousness. I saw him standing in front of me in his boxers and I was in his shirt.

Before I could say anything he stopped me by glaring at me.

"There's nothing I want to say now when you don't want to listen." He lay down on the couch and I tried to stand up but it was difficult.

I hissed in pain and he looked at me. He looked hurt and I lay down feeling pain down there, "Ric I'm sorry. Please at least sleep with me." I requested but he didn't reply.

"Please..." He didn't reply and despite the fact I was feeling so much pain I stood up and somehow went to him.

"Ric." He removed the blanket from his face and was shocked when he saw me standing so close.

"What the heck..." He immediately stood up and scooped me in his arms.

He placed me on the bed and lay down facing the other side.

"Ric..."I kept my hand on his shoulder and he jerked it away angrily.

"Sleep and let me sleep." His voice sounded angry.

I went closer and hugged him from behind. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Aana..." He shouted and I flinched back. He turned and looked at me angrily.

"I'm warning you. Stay away." He turned his back towards me again.

"I'm so sorry please don't turn your back." He didn't reply anything and my eyes welled up. I started crying.

I covered myself up with the comforter and tried to control my tears.

I thought the pain would subside soon. I never thought I'd be on the verge of passing out.

I wiped my tears and slowly drifted into a deep slumber.

I woke up and found myself in his arms. I smiled and kissed his cheek and forehead.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me for some moment. He removed my hand from his cheek and threw the duvet away angrily.

I felt bad. He's still angry with me.

I tried to speak but he was ignoring me.

After having breakfast I thought I'd talk to him but he went to the office.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was his time to come home. I was waiting for him to come so I could talk to him.

"Waiting for Brother Ric?" I heard Derek's voice. I nodded and he sat beside me on the couch.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded without looking at him. My whole focus was on the main door.

"What should I do to earn your forgiveness?"

I looked at him and looked down, "I'm not angry with you! I was upset because you left me there without even informing me." I told and he didn't say anything. I gulped down and continued, "You were my best friend. You still are but I am not able to forget the moment when I got to know that you escaped. It was humiliating! Embarrassing."

"I can't change the past. And I'm guilty of my doings. Please forgive me." I looked at him and didn't respond. He held my hand, "please!" I shook my head.

He sat in front of me on his knees and held his ears, "I'm so sorry please..." I smiled internally and heard Belle laughing at him.

"Perfect! I so wanted to see you like this."

She clicked a picture of him sitting on his knees while holding his ears.

"I'll deal with you later!" He warned Belle.