Chapter 44

Ariana's POV.

"I'm good. I'm drinking coffee." I told him about coming here.

I was talking to him and suddenly Rodrigo snatched my phone.

"Dad..." I was startled.

"You won't talk to that bastard!" I heard Rodrigo and I gritted my teeth.

"I'm talking to my husband. You can't stop me." I saw people looking at us. There was a lady constantly looking at us.

I sat down and snatched my phone.

"Stay out of my life. Alaric Vincent is my legally wedded husband." I told him and he looked everywhere and then me.

"That bastard is not your husband nor my son-in-law. I would never consider him one." he barked and I closed my eyes. I'm fed up of hearing this.

"He's not a bastard! I won't listen anything against him." I cleared and stood up. I called him again.

"I'm sorry. He is crossing his limits." I apologized and Ric said he expected this.

"I know Dad asked me to stay away but I wanted to see you. I'm on my way to the cafe."

I was walking and I heard footsteps approaching. I turned and saw a group of people following me. I was shocked when I saw cameras and mikes in their hands and one of the women who was sitting in the cafe forwarded her mike in front of me.

"Who's Alaric Vincent to you?" I was so shocked to react.

"Are you Alaric Vincent's wife?" Her question startled me.

"Why aren't you two living together?" Another reporter asked and I felt like someone sewed my mouth. I wasn't able to say anything. I took some steps back and my grip on my phone tightened. I was scared.

"Why are you keeping this relationship a secret?" I saw Mom and everyone coming in my way.

Mom ran in my direction and my head felt dizzy with all these questions.

Constantly cameras were flashing in front of me. I froze in my place feeling numb. Mom held my frame, "Tell us why Mr Vincent and you are not living together?"

Someone asked and I hid my face in Mom's embrace.

"Stay away from her!" I heard Alaric's voice.

He came towards me and hugged me hiding me properly in his arms.

"Tell us Mr Alaric Vincent why did you keep this marriage a secret? Is this because of Ariana's stepfather?" He asked this question and he tightened his hold around me. He didn't reply to anything and took me towards the car.

"Why are you not answering? Is this true that her father isn't accepting this marriage?" Before they could complete their sentence he shouted, "Shut up. You people are crossing your limits."

He made me sit inside. I saw Mom, Rodrigo and Grandma sitting in their car.

He started driving and a tear escaped my eyes.

These days are too much to bear.

"Hey..." He wiped my fresh tears.

"I promise Aana. I'll fix everything." He promised and the whole ride was silent. We reached home.

I was going towards my house when he stopped me. He took me towards the Vincent Mansion, "What will you answer to Dad?" I asked as he asked him not to see me.

I saw Rodrigo's car stop and he was coming behind us. I'm scared. He'll again create a scene.

Alaric took me inside and I saw Jennifer mom and Samuel dad. They looked at us. And Alaric switched on the television.