Chapter 20

Ariana's POV.

"I mean why are you being so dramatic..." I stopped when i saw a shadow entering inside.

"Brother Ric..." Derek looked at him when he noticed his presence. He sat beside him and infront of me,"How are you feeling?" He asked and i said I'm fine.

"Ofcourse she's so fine." He said pulling my hair and i yelled in pain,"asshole." I instantly regretted when i realised sir heard that too.

Derek laughed so hard when he saw my guilty face,"Don't worry brother curses too." He laughed and i lowered my eyes. Stupid him.

"Brother she's not believing me...tell her that I'm not lying." He was rolling and laughing on the mattress and in return earned a glare from him.

"Oh come on..." He encouraged him and he murmured under his breath,"jerk."

Again Derek laughed like an animal.

He unknowingly kept his head on my lap and i again hissed in pain,"aahh..." His head was heavy for my injured thigh.

"You jerk. Can't you see?" Sir yelled. This was the first time I've heard him cussing. I never heard or knew he say bad words too. But currently this pain that suddenly arise wasn't helping.

"I'm so sorry." He removed the painkiller which was prescribed by the doctor and gave me. I ate it with water.

"She's injured." Sir yelled at him and Derek looked at me with guilt,"I'm sorry. I didn't do it purposely." He apologized.

"It's okay..." I was fine as i knew he didn't do it purposely but Sir interuppted,"No it's not okay. She's already hurt and you are hurting her more." He sounded serious more like scolding him and he looked upset.

"She's injured you should stay away from her leg." He reasoned explaining him and he was quiet.

He nodded and asked me,"Is it still hurting?"and i replied with it's not that bad.

"I'll take care of her." Derek held my hand. He looked at me with his concerned filled eyes.

"I can see that." Sir said sarcastically and that irked Derek.

Derek looked at him and then at me. His hold around my hand tightened.

"She's my friend. I can take care of her why are you so concerned." He said and his tone was offending. I looked at Sir he was speechless.

"Derek!" I scolded him.

He closed his eyes and apologized,"I do care for her. I'm sorry brother i don't mean to hurt you. I just don't like someone talking in between us."
He apologized looking at him. I felt bad. They are arguing for nothing.

"If you were so concerned for her then why did you refuse to marry her? You don't know but she's been through a lot because of your refusal." His words shook me. How did he know that? Who told him? Did he know about Rodrigo accusing me too? I was worried. I never wanted him to know this.

Derek chuckled and looked at him,"Out of all the people you were the last person i expected to ask this question." He looked so hurt.

He stood up and left the tent.

"Derek..." I stood up but a sudden pain hit on my leg and I sat down again.

"Don't worry you take care of yourself I'll talk to him." He went behind him.

What happened to him suddenly? Why did he talk to sir like that?

I kept the pillow and laid down. It was already late so i instantly fell asleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.