FOUR

(Y/n)'s POV
I pulled Light up the driveway. "Ok (Y/n) you can stop pulling me. I am perfectly able to walk myself into your house." Light chuckled.

"Ok, fine, you're right. I just don't want you to go attack that kid." I replied and let go of his wrist. I opened the door and pushed Light in. "Make sure to take off your shoes, lightbulb." I chimed kindly.

Yes ma'am." He chuckled as he took off his shoes and laid them by the table next to the front door.

"Now let's get FFFOOOODDDD!!" I screamed and ran to the kitchen and opened the fridge taking out cake and cupcakes and other sweet treats.

"Geez (Y/n). How much cake do you need?" Light said walking to the cabinet and taking out bags of potato chips.

"Geez Light. How much potato chips do you need?" I said in a mocking tone.

"Hey this is different." Light said defensively.

"Sssuuuuurrrreeee" I said sarcastically, walking to the steps to go to my room. Light followed. Once we got to my room, we set up the food on my desk as a "buffet". We normally do our homework on my bed, because it's a queen size mattress, or the floor. The reason I have a queen size mattress is because it was an extra one my parents had when they moved in and they didn't want to buy a new bed for me. So that's why I have a queen size mattress.

"You should check if anything is missing or broken or if there's camera and/or wire taps in your house when u go back." I said calmly to Light as I got my home work out and started flipping the pages in my math book to get to the correct page.

"Yea, you're right." Light agreed as he opened his math book as well. "Who do you think that kid is?" He asked almost absentmindedly.

"I'm not sure. But whoever he is, I've never seen him before. I think he's that new kid people were talking about a few days ago. He seemed different. He has intrigued me." I said calmly, the last few parts to myself more than to Light.

"Yea, I agree." Light said reading over the math problems. I got up and got a giant piece of cake. "Don't you think that's a little big?" Light asked, about my piece of cake.

"Actually I think it's rather quaint." I said walking back to my seat in the corner of the room.

"Only you would say that." Light chuckled, eating a potato chip, then continued the math problems. "What'd you get for problem 145?" He asked checking over his work.

"Hhmmm...." I hummed as I looked over my work. "-56"

" good. Me too. " Light sighed.

"I'm gonna use the restroom. Don't eat my cake." I said as I stood up. I walked out of the room. "Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Smack!" I fell down the stairs. Just my luck. "Ouch." I breathed. I heard Light's quick footsteps walking to the stair. "Careful! The floor is slippery!" I yelled up the stairs to Light. It's a hard wood floor and the steps are hard wood as well, and Light and I both have socks on.

"OH MY GOD! (Y/N), ARE YOU OK?" Light screamed and walked to to top of the steps.

"Yea. I'm fine." I replied me got up. "Just gonna have a few bruises." I smiled to Light. His face turned slightly pink.

"Good." Light sighed. And walked down the stairs. "(Y/n), your arm is already bruised."

"Hm?" I hummed and looked at the big purple-blue patch on my right forearm. "You're right."

"Like always." Light said and pushed his hair back acting like those "cool" guys at school. I laughed and playfully hit his arm.

Light's POV
I felt my face heat up again when (Y/n) hit my arm. Luckily she didn't notice, she was too busy laughing. God she is so cute- wHaT. What am I thinking? We're just friends.

"What's the time?" (Y/n) asked, no longer laughing.

"Er.. 5:04." I said looking at my watch.

"Light! You need to get home!! You're late!" (Y/n) yelled and pulled me over to my shoes as I quickly put them on and she pushed me out the door. Geez, she's so strong for such a small person. I started walking down her driveway and onto the sidewalk as something fell right in front of my feet. It was getting dark out so I couldn't see it too well. I decided to take it home to inspect it. Once I got home I went up to my bedroom and sat at my desk with the book in front of me as I turned on my desk lamp. What the heck? A death note? What type of book is this? Is this some kind of prank? I guess I'll have to find out.

Who are you really? (L X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें