TWENTY-ONE

Light's POV
5:12 am
I figured out that I could write the time and date of a persons death in the death note. I had just now finished writing out a bunch of criminals to die today at random times. Today is a school day so I might as well get ready for school. After I got dressed I went downstairs and ate breakfast as Ryuk loudly ate an apple.

~ding dong~

The doorbell rang and I sighed. "Sayu! Get the door!" I yelled at my sister. She's literally standing right there.

"I have to go to the bathroom!" She responded and ran away. Ryuk laughed and I sighed in annoyance.

"Coming!" I yelled as the doorbell rang again. I walked over to the door and looked through the window on the right side of the door to see (y/n) and Ryuzaki standing there with their hands in their pockets. I put on a smile and opened the door.

"Lightbulb!" (Y/n) yelled and jumped on me, hugging me. It made me chuckle.

"Hey guys." I chuckled and hugged her back.

"When are you guys gonna get married?" Sayu asked giggling.

"I thought you went to the bathroom. Anyways we're going to school." I said.

"Hey Sayu! Good morning! Have a good day!" (Y/n) said as we walked back out the door.

"You too!" Sayu yelled back as I closed the door.

"So how have you guys been?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Good. What about you?" (Y/n) responded.

"Oh Light, did you hear about that waitress that got killed yesterday?" Ryuzaki asked excitedly. Of course I heard about it, I made it happen.

"Oh yea. I had the news on while I was studying yesterday. I can't believe some people would do that to another person." I said, pretending to feel scared and hurt and sad about what happened.

"Yeah. We were there, at that shop when it happened." Ryuzaki stated.

"Yeah. It all happened so fast. It was pretty scary." (Y/n) added as we walked to school.

"I would imagine. I mean you did see someone get murdered very violently. That would be traumatizing to me." I explain.

"Yes. But if you want to be a detective, like (y/n), you'll have to learn to deal with it." Ryuzaki said.

"True." (Y/n) and I said at the same time, causing me to smile.

"AaAhH-" (Y/n) yelled as she started to fall, I grabbed her hand so she wouldn't fall and get hurt. I blushed when she looked at me in the eyes. "T-thanks." She said and looked away.

"No problem." I said, still holding onto her soft hands. Her eyes are so pretty. I could stare into them for hours. She will be my queen one day.

"Hey Light, can I ask you a question?" Ryuzaki asked.

"You just did. But go on." I laughed a bit. I still don't trust him at all.

"What were you doing at 6:30?" He asked, staring into my eyes.

"Drying the dishes." I replied. "Why do you ask?" Could he possibly think that I'm Kira? No. that's impossible. None of the evidence points to me. I made sure if that. Ryuk started laughing. That's not a good sign.