TWENTY-TWO

Ryuzaki's POV
"I just wanted to know. Also, what r u doing later today? (Y/n) and I would like to get together at your house and just hang out. I would like to be your friend you see." I explained. We also need to find out about his notebook.

"Oh. Ok. That sounds great!" Light smiled and replied. Good. "What time?" He asked.

"Er 5? So we can do our homework is we have any." (Y/n) explains.

"Sounds good." Light replied as we walked into school.

---time skip to second class---
(Y/n)'s POV
"Good job, Light. I can always count on you to understand the ma-" professor Arlert stopped mid-sentence and clasped his chest. I ran to the phone as the class stared wide eyed at him. Ryuzaki and Light ran over to him and sat him down as I called an ambulance even though I knew it was most likely too late. He will be dead by the time the medics arrive. I looked over at Light to see his face covered by his hair so no one can see his face. He was looking at professor Arlert's face and professor's eyes went really wide and then he stopped struggling and stopped breathing. I wonder if Ryuzaki noticed that. After about twelve minutes, the paramedics showed up and took professor Arlert's body out on a stretcher. I walked over to Ryuzaki and Light.

"Did he even have a criminal record?" I asked in disbelief.

"Beats me." Light said as he shrugged his shoulders. I look over to Ryuzaki and see he's spacing out. He's so cute. He looked up, into my eyes, causing me to blush.

"U-um what were you thinking about Ryu? You were zoning out it seemed." I asked.

"Just thinking about why Kira is doing this stuff." He vaguely explained.

"That's the second time this week I witnessed someone dying." I sighed. Then all of a sudden Light hugged me.

"That must be tough." He said and I hugged him back because I would feel bad if I didn't and he's my oldest and best friend. He's always been really clingy. We stayed like that for almost two minutes. We parted as the principal came into the room.

"Well.... now you all may have a free period..." the principal struggled to say. That must be hard. I know that professor and the principal were child hood friends.

"Let's go to the library." Ryuzaki and I said in unison. We looked at each other and smiled.

"Well let's go then." Light said in annoyance, pulling me by my wrist to the door.

"Light, I can walk there on my own. I don't need you to pull me." I chuckled as I gently removed my arm from his grasp.

"I know. But you guys were taking forever." He tried to explain.

"Yea because one second is definitely forever." I said sarcastically.

"I didn't know Light was that impatient." Ryuzaki said.

"I am not!" Light protested, once again, sounding like a child.

"He really childish too." I told Ryuzaki.

"Yes." Was all Ryuzaki said as he seemed to be getting lost in his thoughts again.

"Hey (y/n)?" Light asked calmly.

"Yea?" I replied, looking in his direction.

"Race you!" He declared and ran off. I ran after him, of course.

"Hey!" I yelled as I sprinted down the hall. I passed him but didn't slow down.

BOOM

Everything went black.