FORTY-NINE

(Y/n)'s POV
"Yes, we could do that." Ryuzaki chimes in.

"There're cameras in the alley?" I asked.

"No. But there are some that look down it, off other buildings." Ryuzaki informed me.

"Ah, of course." I nodded. "When are we gonna go?"

"Now." Mello said, opening my bed room door. Ryuzaki and I stood up and followed him out. We put our shoes on once we got to the front door and out towards the bakery to watch the security footage. I didn't feel like talking so I just clung to Ryuzaki the whole way there. He gladly accepted my actions. He always comforts me even without trying. He knows I'm bothered by Light so he doesn't say anything, but I know he's here for me. When we got there we talked to the employee at the front counter.

"May we see your manager, please?" Ryuzaki asked politely.

"Sure. Give me one moment please." She smiled and walked through a door into the back. An elderly women came walking out of the door, smiling.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"We need to see your security footage from the camera looking down the alley." Mello ordered. Her smile vanished and her eyes narrowed as she inspected us.

"Why?" She inquired with her eyes still narrowed. Mello sighed.

"We're detectives and we have to investigate the event that occurred here earlier." I replied quietly, in a monotone voice. Once I'm upset about something, I turn numb. I get quiet. I don't feel anything at all. It's strange but it's me. There's nothing I can do about it.