THIRTY-NINE

Ryuzaki's POV
I went and crouched by the dead man and pulled the garbage bag off of his head. I got a hair sample then I got up and walked out the door, holding (y/n)'s hand.

"Ryuzaki, what are we doing? Are we going to track him?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied.

Light's POV
I woke up to Ryuk laughing at my sprawled out form lying atop my bed and a sharp pain in my nose.

"Arh." I groaned as I gently held my, now crooked, nose. "Stop laughing, Ryuk. You're giving me a headache."

"Hyuk hyuk. I can't believe that dude beat you. I mean have you seen him! Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk" Ryuk laughed yet again. I sighed.

"If you don't stop laughing I won't give you any more apples." I said casually. He stopped laughing immediately but then argued.

"But I need apples Light! If I don't get apples I have withdrawal symptoms! Apples are to me what smoking or drinking is to humans!" Ryuk whined.

"Smoking and drinking is bad for humans, so do you mean to say that apples are bad for you?" I smirked.

"What! No! I'm just saying that I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't get any apples like how a human who smokes get withdrawal symptoms if they don't smoke!" He explained, causing me to laugh as I walked downstairs. "Light?! Where are you going!" I walked into the kitchen and over to the apples. I took one in my hand and threw it up a few times, catching it every time. Ryuk watched the Apple, dazed, basically drooling over the dark, juicy apple. After a few more seconds, i tossed it at him and he caught it in his mouth. I could tell he was happy. I just shook my head with a small smile on my face as I walked back upstairs. I sat down at my desk and took out the death note. I might as well kill some criminals since I don't really have anything else to do. I need to find out Ryuzaki's, L's, real name. He took my queen so I'm going to take his life.