FORTY-TWO

(Y/n)'s POV
"We can go back to my house to talk if you would like." I suggested.

"That would be great." M replied, a small smile on his face.

"So how have you been?" Ryuzaki asked M as we walked back to my house.

"I've been pretty good. I still can't surpass N though, and you know how angry I can get." M replied.

"Yes.. you do get quite angry at times. Is N working on the case as well?" Ryuzaki said, swinging our arms back and forth lightly.

"Yeah. Roger wanted us to work together if you die on the case but I don't want to work with someone who I am "second" to. So I decided I would start working on it right now and here I am." M explained, taking a gargantuan bite from his chocolate bar. We reached my house and went upstairs.

"Well we are also working on the Kira case. Would you like to join us? If that's ok with Ryuzaki and yourself, of course." I offered M and looked at Ryuzaki.

"That's fine with me. It's up to M if he wants to." Ryuzaki said.

"Well then I accept your offer. Also, you don't have to call me M. You can call me Mello." M -mello, I should say- replied calmly.

"Great." I smiled.

"(Y/n)? What is Light-kuns fathers occupation?" Ryuzaki asked in thought.

"He's a police chief for the NPA. why? Wait do you think that's where he, Kira, is getting some of his information from? His father?" I asked.

"Yes that is what I think." Ryuzaki smiled at me and pecked the tip of my nose.

"DAMN. Pretty and smart. Nice going L!" Mello chuckled.

"Please call me Ryuzaki here, Mello. But I know. She's perfect." Ryuzaki requested and smiled at my blushing face. He then slowly leaned in and so did I, until our lips met in the middle for a gentle kiss showing each other how much we really care about each other. Once we pulled away, I layed my head in between his shoulder and neck with my arms embracing my sweet little lollipop around his torso in a loving hug.