TWENTY-SIX

(Y/n)'s POV
"You guys can go upstairs. I have to use the bathroom and get some snacks." Light said as we all took our shoes off. Light walked into the kitchen.

"Bring up some cake Light-kun!" Ryuzaki yelled at Light as we walked up the wooden stairs.

"Oh. Hello (y/n)! I didn't know you guys were coming here. Hi! I'm light's mother." Mrs.Yagami said, while exiting Sayu's room with an empty laundry basket, And introduced herself to Ryuzaki with a smile.

"Hello Mrs.Yagami. I'm Ryuzaki. It's a pleasure to meet you. And might I just say how lovely your hair is." Ryuzaki introduced himself and shook Mrs.Yagamis hand. His compliment causing her to smile larger.

"Why thank you Ryuzaki! Would you guys like some tea?" She asked, smiling brilliantly.

"Only if it's not too much trouble." Ryuzaki replied.

"Oh not at all! What kind would you guys like?" She asked.

"Do you want some green tea, (y/n)?" He asked me and I nodded furiously, causing both of them to chuckle.

"Ok then." Mrs.Yagami said With a smile.

"Thank you!" I said cheerfully with a brilliant smile laying across my face and giving her a hug. She chuckled and hugged me back.

"Hey do you guys know where Light is?" Mrs.Yagami asked as she walked towards the steps.

"He's in the kitchen getting snacks." I informed her.

"Ok thanks. He will be helping me with the tea so make yourselves at home." She explained and walked downstairs. Ryuzaki and I walked into Light's room. I flopped on his bed and Ryuzaki sat next to me.

"Should we search for the notebook now while he's downstairs?" I asked and looked at his eyes.

"Sure. But we should also come here to search while he's away somewhere." Ryuzaki suggested as we both got up.

"Good idea." I replied and walked to the front of the room. I put my finger to my lip and furrowed my eyebrows while my left hand held my right arm up to my mouth.

"What's wrong?" Ryuzaki asked, walking over to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Nothing. I'm just trying to think of places Lightbulb would hide his notebook." I replied, placing my hands on my hips.

"Oh. Have any ideas so far?" He asked and looked around.

"Yes I actually do. Light's quite intelligent so it would most likely be someplace obvious but not to easy to access." I try to explain. I let my eyes wander around the room until my eye catches the key in Light's top desk drawer. Ryuzaki looks to the drawer too then we look at each other. "Do you agree?" I ask with semi-wide eyes.

"Yes." He replied. All of a sudden, footsteps could be heard climbing the stairs. I gasped and jumped back onto the bed like before and Ryuzaki calmly followed my actions. We were both laying down, my head resting upon his chest with his arm around me. I'm always so comfortable around him. Well yeah because he's your best friend. Duh. I thought to myself.