TWENTY

"Do you record the news?" Ryuzaki asked me as he moved closer to my mini television that sits upon the right corner of my desk.

"Of course." I reply not looking up from my notes. I heard him turn on the television and change the channel.

"Looks like Kira is back at it again. This afternoon a young woman was just violently killed by a local citizen. She went by the name of Imelda in public but it is revealed that her real name was Hwayoung. She did, in fact, have a criminal record. After speaking to Mark, the man that ended her days, he states that he couldn't stop hurting her, no matter how hard he tried. He says he felt like he was a puppet and someone was pulling his strings, that he was being controlled." Ryuzaki and I looked at each other stunned.

"Well, there we go. But what were the crimes she committed?" I said.

"That's what we need to find out. Do you own a laptop?" Ryuzaki asks.

"Yeah. It's in the bottom drawer." I say, nodding my head at the drawer. He got it out and started typing something. "Are you looking for her record? I ask.

"Yes. We need to find out how serious her crimes were and why she was using an alias." He explains.

"Of course." Was all I replied. I began flipping my pen on my notebook because I can never keep my hands still.

"Can I have a notebook and pen?" He asks.

"Sure." I reply, handing the two items to him. "We need to go over Light's house as well. To find out about that notebook." I state remembering the black notebook.

"Yes, indeed we do." He agrees, continuing to write stuff down. He quickly finishes and hands me back my laptop. "She's had plastic surgery after she robbed a store she used to work at. That's what she looked like before." He explains, pointing at the laptop. I look at the screen and see a woman with dark brown hair and just the opposite of what she looked like when we met her earlier. She is Korean, that explains her name. Her hair was light brown at the top so she must have dyed her hair dark brown, so she's naturally dirty blonde. "She's also killed someone before that. She was an orphan and used to beat up the other kids at the orphanage. She grew up stealing and lying and trespassing. The car she owned was even a stolen car." He continued.

"Holy shit. She seemed to nice. I would have never expected that. I can't believe she got away with all that." I say with my jaw still dropped.

"It is very surprising. That just goes to show that you can't trust anyone." Ryuzaki says, eating another lollipop.

"I know. I only fully trust one person: you." I state.

"Not even Light?" He asks curiously.

"No. I think he might be Kira. I mean, I've known him my whole life. He's been... different ever since the Whole thing started." I explain in a monotone voice.

"I see. I also suspect Light as being Kira as you know." Ryuzaki replies. Ryuzaki then went to the news channel which aired at 11:00.

"7 more inmates have died today from heart attacks around the same time. At 6:33 pm." The news reported announced.

"That's after the Yagamis have dinner and Light continues studying." I told Ryuzaki.