FORTY-EIGHT

Light's POV
She opened the door and bid me farewell.

"Well see you later Light." She smiled.

"Yeah. See you.." my voice faded near the end of my sentence as I turned and exited the house with my hands in my pockets. Does she not trust me anymore? I don't think she does if she thinks I'm Kira...

(Y/n)'s POV
I closed the door and exhaled. I made my way back upstairs, sat next to Ryuzaki on my bed and laid my head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Ryuzaki questioned.

"Did Kira try to kill you?" Mello asked.

"No, not yet at least." I sighed.

"What happened?" Ryuzaki asked seriously. I looked into his eyes and they were full of concern.

"I really don't trust him anymore." I chuckled a bit and looked down.

"Good. You can't trust Kira. But what happened that upset you?" Mello asked.

"The memory of what happened earlier. I was overthinking again. He was asking me about it." I replied. Ryuzaki hugged me and pecked my lips.

"You shouldn't over think it. Only one person got killed, and it was the criminal." Ryuzaki said. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him back. I don't know what I would do without him.

"Yeah.. speaking of the criminal, why'd you shoot him, Mello?" I question.

"Because he was holding everyone in the building hostage." Mello replied, then took another bite of his chocolate.

"But now we don't know if he was 'possessed' by Kira." I say.

"But we can know." He replies, confusing me.

"How?" I question with my eyebrows furrowed together.

"We watch the security footage." A small smirk creeps onto his face.