FORTY-THREE

(Y/n)'s POV
"So who do you think is Kira?" Mello asked, taking a bite from his chocolate.

"Light Yagami." Ryuzaki replied with his arms wrapped tight around me.

"Have you met him?" Mello interrogated, it seemed like.

"Yes. He has been (y/n)'s longest and best friend for her whole life. He lives right next door. He's very intelligent and acts kind but you can clearly see he is insane when he fails to hide it." Ryuzaki frowns as he's explaining and holds me tighter.

"I'm gonna go get some water. Do you guys want anything?" I asked, pecking Ryuzaki on the cheek before standing up.

"I'll have some water." Mello said.

"Anything for you Ryu?" I questioned as I waited at the door for his answer.

"A bottle of sweet tea would be good." He smiled.

"Ok. I'll be right back!" I smiled and walked out of the room.

Mello's POV
"So how did you guys meet?" I asked Ryuzaki, taking a bite from my chocolate bar. He smiled in thought.

"My first day of school here, for the case. She ran into me when she was running out of the clinic but we didn't really talk much at that time. She has all the same classes as Light and I would obviously be in those classes as well and we became closer and closer as time moved on. She actually knew I was L." He said chucking and a small smile spread across his face.

"So did she tell you Light is Kira?" I asked.

"Not exactly. She told me how strange he has been acting since Kira came to and that she thinks he's Kira. But, (y/n) being (y/n) didn't give information about things like this out so easily. I had to answer her questions before she would answer mine. I felt, and still feel that I could trust her with anything. But I never thought or planned I would end up falling in love with her. Love is not something you could plan though. But if I'm gonna be with anyone for the rest of my life, I'm glad it's (y/n)."

"I never knew you could be so soft, Ryuzaki." I chuckled.