Chapter 19- Going to Huimin Town

In Xiangcheng City, the air was completely filled with the atmosphere of death.

From the start of the earthquake to now, only 15 hours had passed, however for the city's residents, it seemed like a century.

That night, no one was able to sleep, they curled up in every corner of the city's ruins, being on alert listening to the movement around. With a whiff of danger, they would be standing on the edge of death.

Everyone knew, currently the master of the city was no longer mankind, but those monsters. Not only did the monsters kill, but they also ate people.

Last night, many people were eaten by the monsters, even the bones are not necessarily left behind.

Last night, Xiangcheng City's population of nearly 2 million people, 500,000 people failed to see the next day sun. Throughout Xiangcheng City's ruins could be seen trails of blood everywhere, people that were still alive, considered themselves lucky.

However, after a night of hiding, most people were now hungry. After all, the vast majority of them did not eat last night, plus with a night without sleep, not being hungry was odd.

At this time, everyone knew that this was no ordinary earthquake. It had been more than 10 hours, and there was still no news from the outside world. If this were a real earthquake, this type of response was simply impossible, there should have been at least rescue helicopters at the scene when the disaster first emerged. But now, let alone a helicopter, even everyday flights couldn't be seen in the air.

Now they were faced with a difficult dilemma, how to find food in the ruins full of monsters.

Presently, some monsters started crowding together, while the number of enchanted beasts spawning were gradual reducing, this gave an opportunity to some of the daring people. They slowly emerged from their hiding place in the ruins, carefully watching the movement of the surrounding, while searching for the stuff on the ground, anything that could be eaten is their goals.

At this moment, robbery and killing, didn't only occur between man and monsters, but also between people. In order to survive, the ugliness of human nature were exposed.

Fortunately, there were still some people that were more restrained, they gathered together and helped one another, looking to survive in the endless ruins.

As more and more people came out of their hiding places, someone finally saw the city's central road had a huge dome-shaped screens enveloping it. Nobody thought the light curtain appeared for no reason, it could be an opportunity.

Especially in the light curtain stood a few tall statues, it gave off radiance that make all the people from the bottom of their heart produce a sense of intimacy with them, these statues seemed to give them hope.

Some people in high places saw the inside of the screen was completely empty, and without a single monster roaming inside. Around the perimeters of the light screen, however, had been packed full with a variety of monsters. They were divided into different groups based on race, each occupying an area of non-aggression.

The scene from outside of the screen seemed peaceful, but in the eyes of humanity, this was hell. Everyone knew that once these monsters saw humans, their first response would be rushing at them to kill them, and then eaten as food or be stored away.

Soon, the message about the light curtain spread throughout Xiangcheng City within a very short period of time. People began thinking of ways to get inside the light curtain, but soon they would find that all tricks in the face of absolute power were useless. If they had enough weapons, or had some materials available, such as gasoline, perhaps they could smoothly rush in.