Chapter 99- Killing One Another

When Cheng Yang and the others exited the Black Tortoise Island instance, it was almost dark. Previously, they had spent too much time searching for the instance portal.

Even though it was nearing night, Cheng Yang still wished to return to Luo Feng Village. The main reason wasn't because he would have a 10% increase in cultivation speed if he were to be in Luo Feng Village. But more importantly, he had to be there tomorrow morning in order to clear the nightmare difficulty level of the Scarlet Church, and then head toward Xianghe Village. His purpose was obviously to find the instance portal near Xianghe Village.

That day, he didn't mention the matter pertaining to the instance portal to Liu Hao because it didn't seem like he would leave Dongshan Village anytime soon. So even if the instance portal were to be found, it wouldn't have mattered. Moreover, with Liu Hao's reckless personality, if the instance portal were truly found, perhaps he would've gone in on his own. This fellow would absolutely do such a thing.

After Cheng Yang and Liu Xiyue ate dinner in Dongshan Village, they set off on the road to Luo Feng Village.

Since this road had been walked past several times already, the thistles and thorns were a lot less. It didn't take long for them to enter the ruins of Xiangcheng City.

Along the way, Cheng Yang took the lead walking in the front while Liu Xiyue followed closely behind him, less than two feet away. It couldn't be helped. It was then completely dark. As a girl, it was expected to have fear of such a gloomy environment. Especially in this apocalyptic ruins, mutilated bodies could often be seen scattered on the ground. Occasionally one or two enchanted beasts would also abruptly pop out of nowhere.

"Lord, do you think...... ghosts exist in this world?" Liu Xiyue with a feeble voice suddenly asked.

Cheng Yang who was in the middle of concentrating on the surrounding was suddenly startled. After hearing the question, he forced a smile, "Liu Xiyue, the world has already become like this, so who would care about ghosts? Even if there are ghosts, it just needs to be killed. During the day, didn't we clear the Undead Canyon instance? Even skeleton warriors had appeared, so I suppose ghosts should exist. But the thing is, are there much difference between them and ghosts?"

Liu Xiyue wasn't aware if it were due to Cheng Yang's persuasion, or from having heard his voice but the fear in her heart greatly diminished. She said, "Lord, thank you."

Cheng Yang was baffled, "All right, what's there to thank? As a girl it is normal to be afraid of ghosts, so don't worry about it too much."

Liu Xiyue nodded her head, and then followed Cheng Yang forward.

Along the way, the two experienced many fights. However, Cheng Yang wasn't worried about them breaking his defense, and together with sufficient amount of various types of potions, it made the battle without worry. Even when encountering large group of enchanted beasts, it was also eliminated by him.

Because they had experienced many fights, naturally their speed slowed down. Almost an hour had past, but they were merely halfway through the ruins.

"Lord, what's that up ahead?" Liu Xiyue suddenly asked with a touch of surprise.

On this section of the road, they didn't encounter any enchanted beast so Cheng Yang was feeling a bit bored. After hearing what Liu Xiyue had said, he immediately turned around to the left in the area which she was referring to.

Not far from their left side, there was a flash of light. According to Cheng Yang's experience, it was someone using magic missile at night to fight.

"Walk, let's go take a look." Cheng Yang said in a low voice, and then stealthily went forward with Liu Xiyue.

In less than a minute, they came before a broken wall. Through the broken wall, a full view of the scene unfolded in front of them.