Chapter 56- Powerful Talent

Based on the basic property, compared to before the transfer, the attack power had improved a bit, but the magic defense and physical defense respectively had actually increased by two points.

This was the formidable strength of Ice Mage. The reason it could raise two points of defenses was because of the Ice Armor body protection. This was one of the exclusive skills belonging to Ice Mage, as well as the most obvious sign that distinguished Ice Mage from other profession.

Of course, there was also a strong change to the talent. Originally, Cheng Yang's magic attack enhancement rate was 3%, and now after transferring to Ice Mage, it abruptly increased by 1%.

This also made Cheng Yang's talent improve a grade, which in his past life had never occurred.

In the previous apocalypse, there had been some people that successfully switched to a special profession, but none of these people had S-class talent. S-class talent, after all, were very few in number, and the number of special profession were even less. If a person wanted to have both, the probability was simply too low.

However, Cheng Yang's mind was currently clouded with doubts. The strongest known talent in the previous apocalypse was S-class, while the highest single-property enhancement was 3%. Then all of a sudden, oneself had a single-property enhancement of 4%, what on Earth was going on? This wasn't a bug, right?

Additionally, some of Cheng Yang's other properties had also undergone some changes. For example, Magic Missile and Wind Shackle had been completely changed. Although the changes didn't seem very big, but the property of the two skills had changed from non-attribute to ice magic.

They also had some added special effects to them, like the slowing property on the Magic Missile. Although the probability this effect could occur was only a 30% chance, but when facing a strong enemy, it could often play a huge role. Furthermore, Wind Shackle had been changed to a stronger skill called Freeze. As long as the opponent's attack power wasn't twice his own, the effects of the skill would occur.

However, perhaps because the effect of this skill was so good, an added restriction was made by the rules, which was the cast time.

For the casting time setting, Cheng Yang knew very well. During the casting time of the skill, the person was required to stand motionless, before the specific skill could be successfully released.

There was no doubt that with this restriction, the practicality of Freeze would reduce a lot. But, relatively speaking, this skill was a lot stronger than Wind Shackle.

These changes were just an early change made for switching to Ice Mage, the real power of Ice Mage also included other factors. Because once the transfer was made to a special profession, it would have its own unique skill learning system.

However, what skills Ice Mage would have in the end, Cheng Yang wasn't clear. Next, Cheng Yang opened the Ice Mage's skill panel.

Originally, Cheng Yang opened just to have a look, but unexpectedly he found a learnable skill, which made him instantly delighted.

Regardless of the practicality of this skill, even if it weren't high, having an extra skill in the early-stage of the apocalypse was never a bad thing.

Ice Thorn: Raining down from the heaven a wide range of ice thorns, covering a radius of three meters. All enemies within this range are dealt 50% magic damage, have a cooldown for 2 seconds. Learning Conditions: Medium-order Ice Mage's Apprentice, 200 points of power value.

Cheng Yang immediately widened his eyes, it turned out to be an AOE spell! [TLN: Area of Effect.]

He didn't expect to get an AOE magic spell so soon, Cheng Yang had no word to describe the excitement tumbling in his heart. In the previous apocalypse, there had been an Ice Mage that indeed learned this skill, but at that time he was already second-order, and everyone felt this skill needed to be second-order to learn, so they weren't too concerned about it.