Chapter 4: Night Swimming

Trigger Warning: sexual assault

        I broke the silence for the first time since we got in the car, "You guys seem really close with Sam. When did that happen?"

        "Within the last year, Jared and I were the first ones, then Embry, and then Jake and Quil. We basically live there most days. Sam's a really great influence, our parents pretty much pushed us to hang out with him. He's really helped me get my anger issues under control. I was always kind of stuck with him because he's my cousin though". I didn't really know that his anger issues had gotten bad and Sam seems like a great guy so I can't complain. I was so into our conversation that I didn't realize that the car had stopped. 

        I looked up and noticed a little but beautiful wooden house that seemed to be out of the way and perfectly placed deeper in the woods. Paul looked at me for a second before getting out and coming to my door to open it. I slowly got out, making sure that I didn't forget anything. We made our way to the house and greeted everyone. 

        The second we stepped through the door Jared was quick to say, "Took you guys long enough. Go get changed so we can leave."

        Emily took me to their guest bedroom so that I could change. I made sure to bring one of the less revealing bikinis because I already had Quil see me in my towel today, I don't need any other teasing. I quickly got changed and made my way back downstairs where all the boys were waiting. Sam and Emily said goodnight as they made their way upstairs and we left the house. 

        We started down the path when I finally broke the silence between the boys, "I don't think I've heard you guys stop talking all day. Why so quiet now? Are you scared of the dark?" 

        They laughed at the comment at the same moment  that I felt someone grab my wrist. I was behind most of the boys but Quil was next to me. I couldn't see who it was at first, but even when I could see the face, I didn't recognize him. 

        Within a matter of seconds the guy was nipping at my neck and feeling me up while not letting me go when I begged him. I made whimpering noises before I realized that the boys hadn't gotten far and I could be loud enough to get their attention. 

     "Jake? Quil? Guys!!" 

        I made sure to get louder with every word that came out of my mouth. I knew they heard me when they all stopped and turned around. They all quickly ran over to where I was trapped against a tree. Jared and Jake were the first to reach me and get the person off of me. Paul, Embry, and Quil all ran straight to me and they started examining my body, making sure that I was okay. Quil and Embry went to join the other two with the guy that just sexually assaulted me. 

        Paul was the only one left standing with me, he quickly pulled me into a hug to get me away from the tree and to see if he could stop my shaking. I finally hugged him back when I realized that I was safe, my shaking slowed but I started crying into his chest. He put his lips right next to my ear and started to whisper, "You're alright Cammy. I got you, don't worry".  

        After a few minutes of crying, I started to settle down and looked up at Paul and the rest of the guys that had finally come back to join us. I turned to them all saying, "I'm alright, I promise. Let's go down to the beach and have some fun." 

        They all gave me odd looks before walking down the path again. Paul and Jake were on my sides, Quil and Embry were behind us and Jared in front of us. We made our way to the vacant beach. The guys all quickly took their shirts off and making their way into the water. I took my shorts and t shirt off before joining them. The water sent a cold chill up my body when I first stepped into the water. I barely got a second to adjust to its cold temperature when Embry snuck up behind me and dunked me under the cold waves. I emerged quickly, immediately jumping on Embry's back for retaliation. I wrestled him into the water in a few motions.