Chapter 36: Best Friend Bonding

Jake leaned over to me while we were eating breakfast, "Hey, I had the late night patrol last night and I already slept. How about we have some best friend bonding time today?"

      I finished chewing part of the sandwich that Emily made me, "Yes, what do you want to do?". Huge smiles spread across both of our faces, we continued to eat our food as we thought about things to do. 

      "Well my dad wants you to come over more, so lets go on a walk and then we can go hang out at my house", I nodded my head as I took a sip of water. We finished our food quickly, putting our plates into the sink. I ran upstairs to see Paul waking up, he rolled out of bed as I opened my drawer to grab leggings. I shook off my shorts and pulled on my black leggings, I then grabbed a white sweater and pulled my brown coat on over it. 

      "Where are you going", I turned to look at him as he came up behind me. He placed his hands on my hips as he gave me a kiss. 

      "Well you have patrol, so Jake and I are going to have a bonding day", he nodded his head and he tugged on the zipper of my jacket. Once the jacket was zipped, he moved to my closet and grabbed out my winter boots, he tossed me a thick pair of socks out of my drawer and placed the boots on the floor in front of me. 

      I pulled the socks on and then the boots, tying them loosely over my feet as Paul sat down next to me, "Have fun with Jake, I'll see you tonight baby". He gave me a kiss on my cheek before pulling me up off the bed and into a hug. 

      I grabbed my phone off the dresser before the two of us walked downstairs hand in hand. I hopped down to the floor from the second step, everyone just watched me, "Someone is excited", Seth laughed after he said it. 

      I walked over and gave him a hug, "I don't get a whole lot of time with Jake, a whole day sounds great". He shrugged me off of him, taking a forkful of eggs and shoving them in his mouth and I backed up so I was leaning against the staircase. 

      Sam stood from the table and gave me a hug, this is becoming a more usual occurrence, the longer I live here the closer that Sam and I get. I hugged him back and when he pulled away he spoke, "I know you will keep her safe Jake, but remember she's pregnant and human. She needs to eat and drink enough water". I laughed at his seriousness, he always tries to make sure that I am not over working myself and that I am doing everything to keep my baby healthy. 

      I smiled at him as Jake stood from the table, "Lets get going". I gave Paul a kiss and then met Jake by the door where we said goodbye to everyone and then left.  We took a walk down the snow covered path that leads to the beach, the beach has always been our favorite place to hang out besides my own house. "Cammy, are you listening to me?". 

      I snapped out of my thoughts, "Sorry, what'd you say?"

      "I asked what you were thinking about", he laughed at my lack of focus. 

      "Nothing really, just the days when we were young. You would come over everyday after your mom died, we spent every waking moment together". 

      "If I remember correctly, when we were five we also had our first kiss. Our parents would not let us live that down", he broke off laughing as I hit his shoulder. 

      "I hope to god that none of the boys know about that", I shook my head and covered my my face with my hands. He pulled them away from my face and laughed at how embarrassed I am. 

      "We just won't tell them", I shivered and he seemed to notice, "Are you cold? Shit of course you are. We don't have to go to the beach". I shook my head and kept walking so that we were standing on the snowy beach. He followed after me, putting his arm around my shoulder like he was trying to warm me up.